Summer 2013 UFA/RFA Thread

Derlique

how accurate do we think they are on clarkson? He doesnt want to be here any longer he wants to be a leaf.... ? Had alot of hope in resigning this guy thought he had some heart with this team

Its Єklund (2.3% accurate). He is widely derided for pulling rumors out of his ass. Take it with a grain of salt. He's often more wrong than he is right.

I would be surprised if we trade his rights, but at the same time the idea of him going to Toronto is not far fetched. That's his hometown and the team he grew up rooting for. That is the least surprising of his potential landing spots should that be where he plays next year.

The only way I see Clarkson's rights being traded away is if he went to Lou and told him that he was absolutely going to sign with Toronto and that his mind was made up. I don't see him doing that simply b/c it could potentially take money out of his pocket on the market + if Toronto didn't offer him what he wanted, he would not be able to re-sign here.

Bernier to Toronto.

Jonathan Bernier has been traded to Toronto for Matt Frattin, Ben Scrivens, and a second round pick in 2014 or 2015 (Toronto's option)

I would be pleased if the Devils went after James Reimer as an option to back up Marty, provided of course that the cost is low and we bought out the Moose.

Edited by ghdi

Damnnn I saw the Bernier trade and sighed in sadness. I always wanted to see the devils gov him a shot

Not at that cost. Nonis went and made his goaltending splash, and there's no guarantee Bernier will be better than Reimer. Its a headscratching move unless Nonis felt he wasnt going to be able to lock Reimer up longterm.

I am very happy with trade because the Flyers did not get him

I am very happy with trade because the Flyers did not get him

They (Flyers) were probably in the mix but toronto usually gives up a ton to make trades/contracts fly. I guess they're going to give Bryz another year to see if it works.

Toronto dealt a legit backup goalie (good NHL numbers), a 3rd line wing, and a 2nd round pick.  It would be like dealing Fayne, Wedgewood, and a 2nd, I guess (because the Devils don't have 1 competent goalie so it's hard to get a value match)

True, so it wasnt that costly really, more just the bodies. And yea, Lombardi said he wanted a backup as well. I also think our 2nd is more valuable, we have the 39, the Kings is probably in the 40s, and our '14 second is even more valuable since we won't have a first. 

I wouldn't have offered Fayne either and I don't think the Devils would have. Fayne is a very good player for what he's being paid and is only getting better.

True, so it wasnt that costly really, more just the bodies. And yea, Lombardi said he wanted a backup as well. I also think our 2nd is more valuable, we have the 39, the Kings is probably in the 40s, and our '14 second is even more valuable since we won't have a first. 

I wouldn't have offered Fayne either and I don't think the Devils would have. Fayne is a very good player for what he's being paid and is only getting better.

Frattin's pretty good, still cost controlled for 2 more years.  The Leafs are dealing their 2014 or 2015 2nd.  I agree that I wouldn't make this deal, but even so the Devils don't have the right assets to make it.

Frattin's pretty good, still cost controlled for 2 more years.  The Leafs are dealing their 2014 or 2015 2nd.  I agree that I wouldn't make this deal, but even so the Devils don't have the right assets to make it.

Right, the last sentence is what I was trying to say haha.