Summer 2013 UFA/RFA Thread

Derlique

Someone brought up a good point. Can't a GM with the right need just offer-sheet the sh!t out of this team for the right key players and there's pretty much nothing they can do about it?....

Those dipsh!ts are just like the Rag fans- they love big names. They think big names=winning. It makes it funnier every time they fail.

They're worse man... There's no one person in the two pages I quickly perused that even thought about begging the question, "Duhhh, don't we need some defense and a goalie?"... They're all giving each other bro-pounds like they just signed Crosby for league minimum.

Someone brought up a good point. Can't a GM with the right need just offer-sheet the sh!t out of this team for the right key players and there's pretty much nothing they can do about it?....

Those dipsh!ts are just like the Rag fans- they love big names. They think big names=winning. It makes it funnier every time they fail.

They're worse man... There's no one person in the two pages I quickly perused that even thought about begging the question, "Duhhh, don't we need some defense and a goalie?"... They're all giving each other bro-pounds like they just signed Crosby for league minimum.

No one said Phailure fans were MENSA members.

I think not just because you can't make an offer sheet with what you don't have. So if you don't have a first round pick in the next two or three years (whatever it is) you can't make the $7 million AAV offer sheet. If one team made multiple offer sheets there won't be enough picks to make good on the compensation.

I think not just because you can't make an offer sheet with what you don't have. So if you don't have a first round pick in the next two or three years (whatever it is) you can't make the $7 million AAV offer sheet. If one team made multiple offer sheets there won't be enough picks to make good on the compensation.

Good point, offer sheets are confusing to me, thanks for explaining. But in reality, a team that wants a Giroux, Schenn, or Couturier pretty badly can nab them next June, and I can't see the Flyers being in too much better a position to be able to stop it from happening. Essentially, they have very little flexibility moving forward, even if they shed some space. They still need a goalie, and that's for THIS year.

Edited by DJ Eco

Good point, offer sheets are confusing to me, thanks for explaining. But in reality, a team that wants a Giroux, Schenn, or Couturier pretty badly can nab them next June, and I can't see the Flyers being in too much better a position to be able to stop it from happening. Essentially, they have very little flexibility moving forward, even if they shed some space. They still need a goalie, and that's for THIS year.

The cap is expected to jump quite a bit once it's re-linked.   Also, you have to remember that the expiring contracts go off.   They *should* be able to keep their top players, it's at the sacrifice of retaining or getting depth.

The cap is expected to jump quite a bit once it's re-linked.   Also, you have to remember that the expiring contracts go off.   They *should* be able to keep their top players, it's at the sacrifice of retaining or getting depth.

I think Alan Walsh said they're projecting it to be at $80 million 3 years from this offseason.  So a growth of about $5.5 million an offseason, probably pretty reasonable, considering this pause.

I think Alan Walsh said they're projecting it to be at $80 million 3 years from this offseason.  So a growth of about $5.5 million an offseason, probably pretty reasonable, considering this pause.

I'd take that with several grains of salt - of course Walsh has an interest in promulgating the notion that the cap will explode.  I do think it will go up significantly, but I'd be pretty shocked if it were $80M in 2016-17.

I mean its just a game after all and were all humans. Plus they are in our division, lets stop the hate and all that sh!t and lets help each others instead...

Schenn + couturier for hedberg + volchenkov. Do it.

I feel the start of a long friendship between the clubs after that.

I mean its just a game after all and were all humans. Plus they are in our division, lets stop the hate and all that sh!t and lets help each others instead...

Schenn + couturier for hedberg + volchenkov. Do it.

I feel the start of a long friendship between the clubs after that.

How about we trade our offense for theirs and make them watch the end result of that.

I'm porting this over from the Clarkson thread. These are the UFAs and RFAs that are decent and affordable

Left Wingers: Morrow, Clowe, Gagner, MacArthur, Penner, Filpula, Cleary, Raymond, Latendresse, Cooke, Miettinen, Stalberg,

Right Wing: Jagr, Bouchard, Horton, Ryder, Mueller, LaRose, Jones, Dupuis, Langenbrunner(don't put it past Lou),  Dupuis, Kobasew, Richardson, Boyes, Armstrong, Yip, Halischuk,

Center:  Ribeiro, Briere, Connolly, Roy, Lombardi, Weiss, Handzus, Lapierre, Gomez

RFAs: LW: Paajarvi, Komarov, Boedker,

RW: Chris Stewart, Wheeler, Condra

C:  Gagner, Little, Hodgson, Burmistrov, Spaling, Kruger, Backlund

Damn! I would have loved to have Galiardi!

Pascal Dupuis signs four-year deal with Pens.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=676286&navid=nhl:topheads

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426835

Pascal Dupuis will remain a member of the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Dupuis, who could have become an unrestricted free agent Friday, signed a four-year contract worth $15 million on Tuesday night to remain with the Penguins.

Edited by Devs3cups

LW: Definitely keen on Clowe, Stalberg, and could easily see MacArthur, Penner, Raymond fitting in.

RW: Horton yes, Ryder yes... and to a lesser extent, LaRose yes.

C: Weiss yes.  Ribiero (would love but prob too expensive). 

RFA: absolutely yes to Stewart, Wheeler, Hodgson, Burmistrov

I'm porting this over from the Clarkson thread. These are the UFAs and RFAs that are decent and affordable

Left Wingers: Morrow, Clowe, Gagner, MacArthur, Penner, Filpula, Cleary, Raymond, Latendresse, Cooke, Miettinen, Stalberg,

Right Wing: Jagr, Bouchard, Horton, Ryder, Mueller, LaRose, Jones, Dupuis, Langenbrunner(don't put it past Lou),  Dupuis, Kobasew, Richardson, Boyes, Armstrong, Yip, Halischuk,

Center:  Ribeiro, Briere, Connolly, Roy, Lombardi, Weiss, Handzus, Lapierre, Gomez

RFAs: LW: Paajarvi, Komarov, Boedker,

RW: Chris Stewart, Wheeler, Condra

C:  Gagner, Little, Hodgson, Burmistrov, Spaling, Kruger, Backlund

Damn! I would have loved to have Galiardi!