Summer 2013 UFA/RFA Thread

Derlique

Also I have on record from a good source that unless there's a substantial change in the situation David Clarkson is 100% gone. I know it's been speculated but source told me Lou has already moved on and is planning as if Clarkson will not be back. If you don't want to believe me so be it, I couldn't care less.  

Also I have on record from a good source that unless there's a substantial change in the situation David Clarkson is 100% gone. I know it's been speculated but source told me Lou has already moved on and is planning as if Clarkson will not be back. If you don't want to believe me so be it, I couldn't care less.

If briere is signed, clarkson is obviously history.

i have a strong feeling he's gonna land in NJ for a reason or another. Not necessarely excited or what i want to happen... i just have that feeling. Make sense for him

im sure he has friends in philly and all but im sure getting bought out lit up a fire under his ass and that he'd like to hurt them as much as he could and playing them all season in NJ could help that. Plus he'd be close to his family now its the closest city remaining. Nashville would be a pain in the ass to move his whole family and all. and i know for a fact that he really came close to sign in MTL last time but choose philly, means he's cleatly interested in playing for the team he grew up watching but then he might not want to be a part of that circus cause things can go really bad there with the media and all.

so i say NJ and i wouldnt be pissed if we don't get him either

Edited by SterioDesign

Also I have on record from a good source that unless there's a substantial change in the situation David Clarkson is 100% gone. I know it's been speculated but source told me Lou has already moved on and is planning as if Clarkson will not be back. If you don't want to believe me so be it, I couldn't care less.  

when the agent goes public with 'we got an offer and we turned it down' that's probably it.  hard to imagine NJ didn't make its final offer.  players improve but boy is whoever gets him counting on those 15 games at the start of the year being legit.

when the agent goes public with 'we got an offer and we turned it down' that's probably it.  hard to imagine NJ didn't make its final offer.  players improve but boy is whoever gets him counting on those 15 games at the start of the year being legit.

I have a feeling the honeymoon will be over pretty quickly, wherever he goes.

So I guess we didn't use the compliance buy out on Hedberg since the deadline has passed?

There is another buyout period I think. Sometime later in the summer during RFA arbitration? Could be wrong but I think that's right. I'm assuming they will try to trade him and if they can't then they will buy him out during the next buyout period.

There is another buyout period I think. Sometime later in the summer during RFA arbitration? Could be wrong but I think that's right. I'm assuming they will try to trade him and if they can't then they will buy him out during the next buyout period.

Mckenzie just tweeted out Hedberg is on unconditional waivers....so I spoke a little soon.

we're safe he can't sign until tomorrow

Technically he could agree in principle I suppose. And surprise surprise Toronto suddenly has more cap space than anyone other than the Isles. They'll be this year's Wild - overpay Clarkson, Bozak and some other big name.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Technically he could agree in principle I suppose. And surprise surprise Toronto suddenly has more cap space than anyone other than the Isles. They'll be this year's Wild - overpay Clarkson, Bozak and some other big name.

Josh Rimer just said they're talking to Weiss, Clarkson, and Ribeiro. Thinks they can sign two of them.

Yeah, this - I don't like Josefson on the wing, but Grabovski is really good.  Someone smart will sign him (Dynamo Minsk, probably).

I wouldn't be averse to picking up Grabovski and using one of our other centers (Josefson perhaps as opposed to Henrique who fits better at wing) in a package to get a winger.  I'm not sold on Loktionov as a long-term solution and value.  I want to see how he fits in here over a full season.  His chemistry with Kovy really helps him in that regard however.