Summer 2013 UFA/RFA Thread

Derlique

Clowe would be way cheaper then what Clarkson wants and we could prob squeeze another signing...like Weiss who I really think will be cheaper then people expect due to his injury last year and Briere who we are in the running for as well.

If we can't afford Briere by then there is always Halischuk

Henrique-Loktionov-Kovalchuk

Elias-Zajac-Briere

Clowe-Weiss-Zubrus

Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Extra: YaYo

Greene-Larsson

Salvador-Fayne

Tallinder-Volchenkov

Brodeur

Schneider

or

Henrique-Loktionov-Kovalchuk

Elias-Zajac-Zubrus

Clowe-Weiss-Halischuk

Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Extra: YaYo

Greene-Larsson

Salvador-Fayne

Tallinder-Volchenkov

Brodeur

Schneider

these lineups actually aren't that bad

Not sure how we can pin Loktionov first line center after playing there for less than half a season in his first real NHL stint... then put Weiss a proven top center on a 3rd line..?

This. Never understood the crazy love for Loki. Yeah he played well, but it was only like 20 games and everyone said he was already better than Zajac

Not sure how we can pin Loktionov first line center after playing there for less than half a season in his first real NHL stint... then put Weiss a proven top center on a 3rd line..?

This. Never understood the crazy love for Loki. Yeah he played well, but it was only like 20 games and everyone said he was already better than Zajac

Because of Lokti's chemistry with Kovalchuk. I'm sure if either one of those lineups ever happened DeBoer would juggle them around and have Weiss/Lokti and Zajac fight it out for the top center spot. (although to me Zajac is the ideal secondary center)

People need to get off the train that the line with Kovalchuk on it is 'the first line'.  Elias-Zajac-whoever is going to be matched up against the opponent's best much more often than that line.  But Loktionov had great results last year and seems to be a good fit with Kovalchuk - his speed means Kovalchuk can be the trailer instead of the guy carrying the puck into the zone.

I mean, Boston gets a nice haul of young talent, which they need, but they give up a great player, and give up a guy who's still pretty decent in Peverley.  I like the deal for both sides but I think Boston will regret it in the years to come.

I mean, Boston gets a nice haul of young talent, which they need, but they give up a great player, and give up a guy who's still pretty decent in Peverley.  I like the deal for both sides but I think Boston will regret it in the years to come.

Peverley was a dump for them in this deal.  They tried unloading him this year multiple times until he finally snapped out of whatever funk he was in.  He was very enigmatic for them.

Peverley was a dump for them in this deal.  They tried unloading him this year multiple times until he finally snapped out of whatever funk he was in.  He was very enigmatic for them.

I'm aware that it's a dump, but that's still a guy who can play.  His PDO went into the toilet last year.  Someone like Dallas will appreciate having a guy with that ability at that cost.

in 4 years Eriksson will be 31 bordering on 32 and be in decline by then, Seguin will be just 24! You've gotta get someone younger than this if you're intent on trading Seguin even if Eriksson is really good. His career high in points is only 73 and Seguin put up 67 2 years ago at 19! 

in 4 years Eriksson will be 31 bordering on 32 and be in decline by then, Seguin will be just 24! You've gotta get someone younger than this if you're intent on trading Seguin even if Eriksson is really good. His career high in points is only 73 and Seguin put up 67 2 years ago at 19! 

They got Reilly Smith who is 22 and Matt Fraser who is 23.  Joe Morrow is just 20.  Fraser is a bit of a wildcard but he has 70 goals in 135 AHL games the last two years.  Reilly Smith spent most of the season with the Stars and looks like a good bottom 6 RW who can score 15-20.

They got Reilly Smith who is 22 and Matt Fraser who is 23.  Joe Morrow is just 20.  Fraser is a bit of a wildcard but he has 70 goals in 135 AHL games the last two years.  Reilly Smith spent most of the season with the Stars and looks like a good bottom 6 RW who can score 15-20.

that's true. If those guys pan out, even half of them, then it goes a long way to neutralizing Seguin's age difference.