Summer 2013 UFA/RFA Thread

Derlique

I'm expecting a trade.  I don't think FA has what we need offensively.  Not that we won't sign anyone.  But, this could be the year of the Hemsky trade. Just a hunch.

Ryder says hello...better player and doesn't require a trade. 

I'm expecting a trade.  I don't think FA has what we need offensively.  Not that we won't sign anyone.  But, this could be the year of the Hemsky trade. Just a hunch.

A healthy Hemsky is what we need, not the one of the last few years. Im only good with him if its basically a giveaway or they take one of our stupid defensemen.

Stars are really making waves and I like what they're doing. They're going to contend for a playoff spot in that weak division next year.

Their division is WPG, MIN, DAL, STL, CHI, NSH

and Col?

That is pretty damn bad. If they can't beat out Winnipeg, Nashville and Colorado, that's bad

Hate to say it...the Devils are going to have to pay someone 6 million...all of the guys that can give them the offense they need are going to come at a price...

Unless you want 4 lines of slightly above average. Guys are going to find a team that well pay more...there are teams that have a ton of cap space

they absolutely don't have to do this. in fact, the guys that might get $6MM, they should not sign.

plan A should be stalberg and brunner - give them each 4/10.

henrique-loktionov-kovalchuk

elias-zajac-brunner

stalberg-josefson-zubrus

carter-gionta-bernier

that is a very good team. it might not have a ton of sexy names, but with the devils d and schneider taking as much of a role as is necessary to have a team save percentage that's .915 or better, that's gonna make the playoffs more times than it won't.

Edited by sundstrom

they absolutely don't have to do this. in fact, the guys that might get $6MM, they should not sign.

plan A should be stalberg and brunner - give them each 4/10.

henrique-loktionov-kovalchuk

elias-zajac-brunner

stalberg-josefson-zubrus

carter-josefson-bernier

that is a very good team. it might not have a ton of sexy names, but with the devils d and schneider taking as much of a role as is necessary to have a team save percentage that's .915 or better, that's gonna make the playoffs more times than it won't.

Already got JJ double shifting eh? You, my friend, have a lot of faith.

Brunner is not getting 4/10.

Ville Leino got a monster contract based on about the same amount of time. I'd think he could easily get 4/16 or maybe 5/25 from a desperate team 

as for Mueller, if Lou didn't go after him last year, I dunno why he'd change this year 

Edited by DH26

Ville Leino got a monster contract based on about the same amount of time. I'd think he could easily get 4/16 or maybe 5/25 from a desperate team 

as for Mueller, if Lou didn't go after him last year, I dunno why he'd change this year 

Those numbers would be insane based on half a season of good play.

Those numbers would be insane based on half a season of good play.

Leino had one 50 point season before Buffalo paid him bigger money. And he had multiple seasons of being hot garbage before that, which Brunner doesn't have