Summer 2013 UFA/RFA Thread

Derlique

Agree... I noticed that in the 2011-2012 playoffs with Philly and this year was even worse... Hope we stay away. In fact, I hope he has a "triumphant return" to the Rangers haha..

Jagr was excellent in this year's playoffs.  He was not good last year, but he was one of Boston's best forwards.

Jagr was excellent in this year's playoffs.  He was not good last year, but he was one of Boston's best forwards.

You are joking right? 

You have very low standards or little understanding of the game,  if you call scoring 0 goals in 20+ playoff gamesplaying on a teams #2 line with ample PP time is considered "excellent".   

You are joking right? 

You have very low standards or little understanding of the game,  if you call scoring 0 goals in 20+ playoff gamesplaying on a teams #2 line with ample PP time is considered "excellent".   

It's unfortunate that he didn't score, but sometimes that's how it goes.  In all other aspects of the game you'd want him to excel in, he was excellent - board play, creativity, vision.  Didn't look worn out.

You are joking right? 

Although he did not put the puck in the net he was a very powerful forward for the Bruins in their run. He wasn't anything spectacular but he was creating space for his line mates and creating many chances.

You are joking right? 

Jagr did look pretty good in the playoffs. I'd say he was flat out robbed of a goal 4 or 5 times... made some good plays on the PP. I'd take him in a limited role.

Chere: "WIth Devils' interest in Ryan Clowe, one member of the organization says: 'I saw him play for the Rangers and I saw him plan in San Jose, he might be a big strong guy but there was a reason he struggled a bit.  The game got quicker. Some guys could handle it....I don't think he'd be the right fit here'"

Edited by lucifer91

'As for Clarkson, who is expected to get a contract in the $6 million per season range, a Devils source said: "Six million dollars? I'll be totally honest. I think that's crazy because he is a one-dimensional player. Yes, he can fight and he can score some goals, but he has to play in the right situation and that's what he had here.'

Wow.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2013/07/devils_not_everyone_on_board_with_ryane_clowe_as_replacement_for_david_clarkson.html#incart_flyout_sports

'As for Clarkson, who is expected to get a contract in the $6 million per season range, a Devils source said: "Six million dollars? I'll be totally honest. I think that's crazy because he is a one-dimensional player. Yes, he can fight and he can score some goals, but he has to play in the right situation and that's what he had here.'

Wow.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2013/07/devils_not_everyone_on_board_with_ryane_clowe_as_replacement_for_david_clarkson.html#incart_flyout_sports

$6M for Clarkson is pretty damn nuts. He is one dimensional and needs to have linemates who will help him and feed him pucks.

Who in the organization is talking? He better hope Lou doesn't know where he lives.

LOL. It's probably already too late. Anyone read any articles about another body being found in the Passaic?

I bet you this is Elias... The Ledger guys have been tweeting quotes from Elias regarding Zidlicky, his new contract, etc., and then this little story came out shortly after. Elias has a lot to say, a blunt but smart point of view usually, and can be pretty outspoken on stuff like this. I bet it's him, sounds like him.

Edited by DJ Eco

I bet you this is Elias... The Ledger guys have been tweeting quotes from Elias regarding Zidlicky, his new contract, etc., and then this little story came out shortly after. Elias has a lot to say, a blunt but smart point of view usually, and can be pretty outspoken on stuff like this. I bet it's him, sounds like him.

Was just going to say this. Patty is never afraid to speak his mind.

Was just going to say this. Patty is never afraid to speak his mind.

It's pretty obvious. One minute, Gulitti and Chere are tweeting Elias's phone/interview about various things this offseason and then minutes later, this article goes up... He's pretty much saying the same thing a lot of us are, about our system (and him) making Clarkson a better player...

It's unfortunate that he didn't score, but sometimes that's how it goes.  In all other aspects of the game you'd want him to excel in, he was excellent - board play, creativity, vision.  Didn't look worn out.

He created very, very little, but had ample opportunities.   He handcuffed Bergeron and Marchand by not being able to keep up.

He played so badly in the playoffs he is probably not coming back to Boston.   The fact that Horton will not be back and they still aren't looking at him speaks volumes.

What is Patty saying about Zidlicky???

What is Patty saying about Zidlicky???

"@TGfireandice: Patrik Elias said he spoke last night with D Marek Zidlicky, who still hopes to return to NJ, but isn't sure what will happen."

^^Doesn't sound like a sure fire bet that Zidlicky will be back. I bet Lou's waiting it out to see if he'll take a cheap contract if enough time passes. That's the right move in my opinion..

Waiting Zidlicky out is the smart move.  He's a bottom pairing defender with PP minutes guy now.  Lou may also be waiting to see if he can ship out one of the other veteran D. 

I honestly don't see a huge market for Zidlicky, at least one where some other team offers him a crazy deal we can't at least consider competing against.

Holy sh!te!!! Alfredsson to Detroit in a 1-year deal. 

Ottawa fans are right now as livid as we were last year. 

Detroit and Ottawa are in the same division now too. 

That should be fun to watch next year lol.