Summer 2013 UFA/RFA Thread

Derlique

Waiting Zidlicky out is the smart move.  He's a bottom pairing defender with PP minutes guy now.  Lou may also be waiting to see if he can ship out one of the other veteran D. 

I honestly don't see a huge market for Zidlicky, at least one where some other team offers him a crazy deal we can't at least consider competing against.

I kind of agree.  He is defensemen who fits only on a few teams (see his career in Minnesota and how he was phased out in Nashville).   Lou gave his career in the NHL an extension.   Although there is always a market for an offensive defensemen, I just don't see much of huge % payday for him a kin to Suter or Letang.

Edited by MantaRay

As UFA is about to begin, just want to remind some of the newer guys to not create new threads about unsubstantiated rumors.  Make sure all claims are from verified sources.

Ottawa fans are right now as livid as we were last year. 

Detroit and Ottawa are in the same division now too. 

That should be fun to watch next year lol.

This could have been us with Elias this year.  Thank God Lou signed him up.

Alfredsson is a shell of his former self.  Ottawa is smart not to sign him.  I really don't know what he's thinking at this point.  This opens up more room for them to sign Clarkson.

I kind of agree.  He is defensemen who fits only on a few teams (see his career in Minnesota and how he was phased out in Nashville).   Lou gave his career in the NHL an extension.   Although there is always a market for an offensive defensemen, I just don't see much of huge % payday for him a kin to Suter or Letang.

UFA's always get bigger checks than they should.  If he stays in NJ he's going to have to go on a serious discount.  I don't think the Devils have the money for Zid and the forwards they're charging for.

Wow the Alfredsson story is really getting interesting.   Detroit only openned discussions with Alfie, because Elias turned them down.  Elias apparently was Detroit's #1 option in the UFA market, which is why there was a delay in him signing with NJ.

Easy for us to say, but I can't see why they'd be pissed. He was on the verge of retirement last offseason. Then he decided to come back, gave it his all, they had another valiant effort and offseason (I absolutely love their team and their spirit). He's gonna go for a Cup, and play with the other Swedish nationals, it seems like the perfect fit and ending to his career.

Alfredsson is a shell of his former self.  Ottawa is smart not to sign him.  I really don't know what he's thinking at this point.  This opens up more room for them to sign Clarkson.

UFA's always get bigger checks than they should.  If he stays in NJ he's going to have to go on a serious discount.  I don't think the Devils have the money for Zid and the forwards they're charging for.

Alfredsson is still one of the best forwards in the league, Ottawa is not going to make the playoffs now.  He is that good.  Clarkson is there #2 option from what I hear.

This should be a very selective UFA market with the salary cap being reduced.   I think he will re-sign with NJ, for a reasonable price, Lou has a little time.

Ready, Steady....GO!

I think he will re-sign with NJ, for a reasonable price, Lou has a little time.

I think this overly optimistic at best and borderline delusional at worst at this point. TSN has him ranked #1 on their list lol.

As for Elias, he spurned Montreal last time, he spurned Detroit this time. fvck em both. Devil for life.

Edited by ghdi

I knew that things were looking bad in Buffalo as far as keepin Vanek and Miller, but I didn't expect this to come so early.

" Ryan Miller has apparently just sold his Delaware District town house, adding more fuel to the fire for speculation that he is heading out of town."

Link: http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/local/miller-sells-his-buffalo-townhouse

Edited by NJDevils1214

@Sun_Tychowski Edmonton Oilers are out of the David Clarkson sweepstakes

Hahahahahahaha "David Clarkson Sweepstakes" :rolleyes:

It's ridiculous isn't it?  He's a ONE-DIMENSIONAL player!  Yet, here we are, all this over hyped nonsense.

Good for NYI. I hope they can be a playoff team again next year.

Imagine the rivalry if they signed Ryan Miller, and they move to Brooklyn next year. You have 3 teams with 3 of the top 10 goalies in the league playing within 2 miles radius of each other...

@Sun_Tychowski Edmonton Oilers are out of the David Clarkson sweepstakes

Hahahahahahaha "David Clarkson Sweepstakes" :rolleyes:

LOL.  The ones where "winning" is not the end result.