Summer 2013 UFA/RFA Thread

Derlique

There is no way in hell Olesz gets gifted a top 6 spot. With Kovy no less. While Clowe and Zubrus are on the 3rd line for WAY bigger money. Absolutely ridiculous.

I refuse to consider contract values when assigning line spots. Chemistry isn't determined on the open market, it is determined on the ice. I'm not saying there's sure to be chemistry within the lines I proposed, but at the same time I don't care what they're being paid and that's not (or shouldn't) going to determine in absolute terms who they play with.

As for being gifted a spot, come preseason we'll see who works best with who. No one needs to be gifted anything, it should be determined on the merit of play as the season goes on. At the same time neither you nor I are members of the coaching staff of this team. I had no problem with Loktionov getting a spot on Kovalchuk's line and was in favor of giving it a try from the moment we traded for him. Doesn't mean if it hadn't worked out I'd still push for it. Just that I thought it made sense based off of the types of players and skillsets they had.

So who is going to be traded or bought out because we will be way over the cap after we sign Henrique and Josefson.

Devils have 3.8 million in space still. Henrique and Josefson are RFAs not close to UFA so I think people imagine bigger contracts than they'll get.

I guess the Devils could go over, but it won't be way over.

Devils have 3.8 million in space still. Henrique and Josefson are RFAs not close to UFA so I think people imagine bigger contracts than they'll get.

According to capgeek we are over the cap by $158,300 after the Ryder signing.

EDIT: I am a moron lol I was looking at the Slary payroll. nvm.

Edited by Zubie#8

TGfireandice: Sounds like Devils are looking to see if they can move some salary via trade or improve via trade first. Hopefully that means one of Volchenkov, Salvador, or Tallinder. Tallinder is the most likely I'd guess. No one will want Volch or Sal.

Edited by MadDog2020

Josefson has a relatively high qualifier.   He's not going to be going lower than that without multiple years.   I think it's pretty possible they amount to $3M between the two of them.