Summer 2013 UFA/RFA Thread

Derlique

Andy Strickland @andystrickland 12m

Philip McRae leaves #stlblues for Finnish Elite League...former 2nd rounder remains on #NHL reserve list. Will make four times #AHL salary

----------------------

Not a big deal for St Louis, but throwing it out there for the salary comparison.  It'd be tough to turn down 4 times your salary when you may not get an NHL shot, even if you have to leave your continent.

this is interesting.. not sure how much weight it has..

Nicola Berger ‏@BergerNeueLZ 1h

Also, @damien_brunner appears to be headed to the #NJDevils. They're doing a lot of background work on him right now.

Well the person's twitter bio says they are a reporter for a Swiss newspaper that covers EV Zug which was Brunner's team in the NLA so I could see this person being legit. Going through their timeline they certainly seem to have sources within EV Zug.

Well the person's twitter bio says they are a reporter for a Swiss newspaper that covers EV Zug which was Brunner's team in the NLA so I could see this person being legit. Going through their timeline they certainly seem to have sources within EV Zug.

yeah i noticed that as well. interesting situation since he's only had 1 season in the NHL and reportedly isn't good with defense.

will be curious what contract he gets if we do sign him.

well Carcillo going to the Kings... and funny enough Єklund (2.3% accurate) called that one way before it was even announced or that you'd see his name in rumours at all. 

Just as anyone i dont really trust him but gotta give it to him he does get real rumours and stuff right sometimes.

well Carcillo going to the Kings... and funny enough Єklund (2.3% accurate) called that one way before it was even announced or that you'd see his name in rumours at all. 

Just as anyone i dont really trust him but gotta give it to him he does get real rumours and stuff right sometimes.

Even a broken clock blah blah something something.

He has 11 goals over his last 117 games.  Yea, awesome. 

Signing him wouldn't be a goal scoring move. He's a big body that can bring some toughness to the bottom six forward group and if given the benefit of a decent center (JJ) could give you some goals.

Watch, being back with the Ducks, he'll probably have no trouble scoring at least 20.

I wonder how many of these 8-year deals are going to come back and bite players/GMs in the ass.

It's like, that's the default length now for "core" players.  Kinda makes me glad we don't have any big names to give stupid contracts to right now (except perhaps Schneider, next year)

I wonder how many of these 8-year deals are going to come back and bite players/GMs in the ass.

It's like, that's the default length now for "core" players.  Kinda makes me glad we don't have any big names to give stupid contracts to right now (except perhaps Schneider, next year)

you know we gave one to Zajac right?

So Brown, Bergeron, Couture all signed extensions a season before potentially hitting the market. 

so just if i get this right based on what i heard here. Those GMs are all retards cause its risky for injuries. And those players are retards cause it was their only chance to see big money and deserved the rights to test the market and would be pretty stupid not to wait to see whats out there? 

am i doing it right? i think im slowly turning the corner on this. Made 100% sense now that i think about it.

yeah but its a case of we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Its certainly not better to lose all your top players years after years and have to overpay other players to replace them.

Brown's likely to fall apart, but whatever, he'll be worth it for 4 of those years.  I get why no one's trying to get their players on shorter contracts but it really can work out for you if you can manage it.  The Kings now have Richards Carter and Brown signed into their late 30s - Richards may already be starting to decline, Carter is still excellent, and Brown, who knows