Summer 2013 UFA/RFA Thread

Derlique

Hasn't Єklund (2.3% accurate) been spot on for a few rumors lately?

I'm sure he's been pretty accurate lately. Like I imagine he's been spot on with his predictions about what he'll have for lunch for at least 5 days. He's about 50% accurate with his predictions about whether the sun will come up tomorrow or not. I'm not taking that away from him.

• Like 1

Clowe doesn't surprise me especially if Clarkson is now a goner. 

Lou and his staff have always liked Clowe.  Plus he'll bring an element that was Clarkson's bread and butter before he seemed to start ignoring it these last two years. If the term is low and money right, he's a solid fit, but we'd still need another forward who can score.

Clowe's recent injuries do have me a bit concerned however for the longevity aspect.

wow

Per Bob Mckenzie

Hearing DAL-BOS is a 5-player deal.

So i assume we'll see the same people who were bashing clowe saying he wasnt great as soon he went to NY say that he'll be awesome for us ?

Dallas is probably having to take back another guy with some salary.

Clowe would be way cheaper then what Clarkson wants and we could prob squeeze another signing...like Weiss who I really think will be cheaper then people expect due to his injury last year and Briere who we are in the running for as well.

If we can't afford Briere by then there is always Halischuk

Henrique-Loktionov-Kovalchuk
Elias-Zajac-Briere
Clowe-Weiss-Zubrus
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Extra: YaYo

Greene-Larsson
Salvador-Fayne
Tallinder-Volchenkov

Brodeur
Schneider

or

Henrique-Loktionov-Kovalchuk
Elias-Zajac-Zubrus
Clowe-Weiss-Halischuk
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Extra: YaYo

Greene-Larsson
Salvador-Fayne
Tallinder-Volchenkov

Brodeur
Schneider

wow

Per Bob Mckenzie

Hearing DAL-BOS is a 5-player deal.

So i assume we'll see the same people who were bashing clowe saying he wasnt great as soon he went to NY say that he'll be awesome for us ?

Only problem with Clowe to the Rangers was that he was a relatively expensive rental. Second round pick (and hence no pick until the third round) for a player that want going to get you close to the Cup.

Comes down to price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Only way Clowe would be a good pickup is if he gets back to the way he played in SJ. He's definitely a smarter player than Clarkson which is good. The money is ganna be what makes or breaks this deal for me if it happens.

And someone said this but I remember alot of people bashing clowe and the rags cause they gave up potentially 3 picks for a guy who hasn't scored yet.