Loktionov agrees to 1 year deal - Chere

ghdi

http://www.sports.ru/hockey/149677755.html

Bad translation:

Agent Igor Larionov, representing the interests of the attacker, "New Jersey" by Andrei Loktionov, described the talks on contract extension with the club of his client.

"I talked to the club's general manager of the New Jersey Lou Lamorello. We have agreed on a new contract Loktionova, which will last for a year.

I just sent a text message to Andrew. Waiting for an answer. The probability of the agreement - 99 percent ", - said Larionov.

Last season, Loktionov spent 28 games in which chalked up 12 (8 +4) points.

Edited by ghdi

Agree with everyone that I would have preferred 2 years, but that's really because I think if we can find a LW to play with Kovy and Loki, they'll have the potential to be a real good 2nd line if you want to call it that, as they'll likely face weaker competition than whatever line Elias is on.

Draft Nichushkin so we can have another Russain line.  :thumbsup:

Nichuskin Loktionov Kovalchuk

If Nichuskin is as good as they say, having two threats to score like that on the wings would be killer. Especially since Loki is said to be a pass-first guy, despite his stat line from this season not showing it. He'd never need to shoot with those two guys on a line with him, lol.

I think if he's still on the board at 9, there's absolutely no way we don't take him, unless by some grand miracle we have a choice between him and Barkov, but I think I might have an aneurism just thinking about how awesome that would be.

The FC mock draft in their guide thinks Nichuskin will be there at #9, so I guess we'll see. *fingers crossed*

Draft Nichushkin so we can have another Russain line.  :thumbsup:

Nichushkin Loktionov Kovalchuk

literally gave me a semi. 

obviously two years would have been ideal, but this is certainly ideal.  i want him in a Devils uni next year.  

LGD

These the same Russian reporters that said Kovy was def staying in Russia this past season?

Tri said Chesnokov is reporting it too and he was someone who said that Kovy would come back to NHL. I can't really tell you much about the website, they're quoting Igor Larionov, Loki's agent though.

Edited by ATLL765

Draft Nichushkin so we can have another Russain line. :thumbsup:

literally gave me a semi.

obviously two years would have been ideal, but this is certainly ideal. i want him in a Devils uni next year.

LGD

Gross

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What I want to see happen is get Nichushkin and sign Stalberg and retain our vets. Would be a solid, balanced lineup.

Elias Henrique Clarkson

Stalberg Zajac Zubrus

Carter Josefson/Gionta Bernier

EDIT: That third line would be a beastly puck possession line.

Edited by Zubie#8

What I want to see happen is get Nichushkin and sign Stalberg and retain our vets. Would be a solid, balanced lineup.

Henrique Elias Clarkson

Stalberg Zajac Zubrus

Carter Josefson/Gionta Bernier

That top line would be a defensive train wreck

That top line would be a defensive train wreck

They can get soft minutes with that third line taking a checking role. Same with Clarkson, he was useless while playing against top lines, give him softer minutes and he will produce.

Edited by Zubie#8

They can get soft minutes with that third line taking a checking role. Same with Clarkson, he was useless while playing against top lines, give him softer minutes and he will produce.

I agree to a certain extent, but there are still 41 road games where Deboer will have no control. They'd still be exciting as he'll to watch!

If we want a top line though, we can make one. Elias-Zajac-Kovy would work against other teams top lines and still be a potent.

Seems like all of those guys do not work well together at even strength though.

These pairs should remain together:

Lokti Kovy

Zajac Zubrus

Elias Henrique/Clarkson

Edited by Zubie#8