What's your limit/what do you think they'll get if they stay -

ghdi

I'd be surprised if Clarkson ever scored 30 goals in a season again. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So would I, but I'd also be mildly surprised if his average goals over the next 4 years was less than 20 goals per 82 games.  If he can maintain a 3 shots/game average, he just has to shoot a little over 8% to do that.

I have a feeling the Devils will pay Clarkson some where between 3.8 to 4.2, maybe 5 to 7yrs.  I am hoping the Devils sign Elias 2yrs 5mil per yr.  Harrold is a good 7th d-man so maybe 1rs 1.2 mil?  All the other UFA dont really care if the walk or not.  I like Zubrus but couldn't some one younger do the same job that he does?

I know he's getting older but I don't see Elias as a guy who is going to have a sudden drop off.   Considering the position Lou put himself in with next years draft pick and not yet adequately replacing Parise, he pretty much has to give Elias whatever he wants, unless he's being totally unreasonable.  Despite his agent, history says he will not be.  

This is somewhat contradictory to the above, but I don't want to see us go very high in dollars on Clarkson, which pretty much means letting him go.  There's just too many holes in his game.  You can list all the things he does well until you're blue in the face but when he's not on his game, there are few players that are a bigger black hole and more useless.  Given his limitations, I think Petey gives him way too much responsiblity so I just as soon let him walk.