Anthony Brodeur signs with Gatineau Olympiques (QMJHL)

thelastonealive

@abrodeur30

Really excited to finally announce that I am now part of the @LesOlympiques orginazation! Cant wait for next year! #lhjmq

Kind of surprised, thought he'd go the college route. Still will be a little surprised if he gets drafted this year, but if he does well in juniors, I'm sure someone will take a flyer on him as an FA.

@abrodeur30

Kind of surprised, thought he'd go the college route. Still will be a little surprised if he gets drafted this year, but if he does well in juniors, I'm sure someone will take a flyer on him as an FA.

Same here, I suppose he felt he had a better chance to get games/instruction in the Q than in college. Hopefully he can work himself into a pro contract as a free agent in a few years. Looks like Gatineau has 2 (maybe 3) goalies under contract going into next year. Not sure how that will shake out.

Maybe the Devils should grab him at pick 160.  I mean any pick at that point is basically a guess.  Why not take Marty's son and see what he has.  Maybe the apple didn't fall too far from the tree.

Why take him at pick 160 if there are other players that you think are better than him or if you can sign him as an undrafted free agent.

This isn't baseball where you can make sentimental picks in the 25th round of the draft or however long the MLB draft goes.

Why take him at pick 160 if there are other players that you think are better than him or if you can sign him as an undrafted free agent.

This isn't baseball where you can make sentimental picks in the 25th round of the draft or however long the MLB draft goes.

Agreed, the Devils only have 4 picks (1/9, 2/39, 4/100, 6/160) so they can't afford to waste any of them. Anthony's draft stock was never that high to begin with and fell to the point where he isn't even ranked anywhere by the end of the season. There are probably 35-40 goalies ahead of him and most of those won't get drafted. Plus the Devils have found some interesting prospects in the 6th and 7th rounds lately (Gavrus, Scarlett, Gedig, Wohlberg).

Baseball draft goes 40 rounds instead of 50 now. I love it.

The Arizona Diamondbacks used their 34th round pick two weeks ago to draft a player out of Arizona State University who was paralyzed.

He wore #34 as a player.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/draft/2013/story/_/id/9356727/arizona-diamondbacks-draft-paralyzed-player-34th-round

The Arizona Diamondbacks used their 34th round pick two weeks ago to draft a player out of Arizona State University who was paralyzed.

He wore #34 as a player.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/draft/2013/story/_/id/9356727/arizona-diamondbacks-draft-paralyzed-player-34th-round

I don't understand that, considering he got drafted by an MLB team already in 2010. Why bother making the gesture when he's already experienced the thrill of being picked?

I think the MLB draft used to go as long as teams wanted it to.  I know the NHL draft did until one year a team (I think the Blues) took like 14 players and they said okay enough already.

But yeah, he's a 5' 10" goalie, doubt anyone's drafting him.

i wouldve pictured him going to Sault St Marie. best of luck to him! im friends with him on Facebook.

Imagine Glen Sather getting back at Lou for last year's pick:

"And with the 7th round pick of the 2013 draft, the New York Rangers pick...... Anthony Brodeur!"

i dont think there's nothing to get back at... they had the pick right before us if they wanted matteau they just had to pick him

hes one of the top 5 goalies in the high school national rankings. but then again thats not including the canadian leagues which would definitely put him down to about 40

and then hell pull a Bobrovsky. suck for the Flyers, get traded somewhere else (to the Devils) where he has a Vezina season to start!