Devils in financial trouble per Forbes

LucifersDog

The NY POST is one thing Forbes has credibility. Forbes wouldn't print something that's not true IMO. They fact checked the story they didn't copy the NY POST.

The article said their main source was the Post. Then he claimed other 'sources' that I'm sure are very similar to the 'sources' who claimed financial ruin years ago. Meanwhile, TG, who actually covers the team, has said that the team has several possibilities for minority owners coming in and that the 'missed payment' was non existent.

The article said their main source was the Post. Then he claimed other 'sources' that I'm sure are very similar to the 'sources' who claimed financial ruin years ago. Meanwhile, TG, who actually covers the team, has said that the team has several possibilities for minority owners coming in and that the 'missed payment' was non existent.

Those other sources are Craig Carton.

Anybody got the quote from TG about how this is patently untrue and that the team didn't even miss a payment? I'm in the midst of making my rebuttal to the author after he specifically asked me what TG and Bill Daly said was inaccurate about his article.

Anybody got the quote from TG about how this is patently untrue and that the team didn't even miss a payment? I'm in the midst of making my rebuttal to the author after he specifically asked me what TG and Bill Daly said was inaccurate about his article.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/devils_courting_minority_partners_to_bolster_finances/

(Note: To demonstrate the difference in perspective, one individual with knowledge of team finances insisted the Devils didn’t miss a payment or have a deadline for a payment delayed/extended at all and that the team is actually ahead in its payments.) - See more at: http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/devils_courting_minority_partners_to_bolster_finances/#sthash.HNCdJofk.dpuf

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/devils_courting_minority_partners_to_bolster_finances/

(Note: To demonstrate the difference in perspective, one individual with knowledge of team finances insisted the Devils didn’t miss a payment or have a deadline for a payment delayed/extended at all and that the team is actually ahead in its payments.) - See more at: http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/devils_courting_minority_partners_to_bolster_finances/#sthash.HNCdJofk.dpuf

Thanks. I'm the poster the author asked what part of his article Daly and TG said is untrue, so I posted it.

No financial publication (and I'd argue publication period) has gone from credibility to nonsense faster than Forbes. Forbes was a reliable and well written financial publication a decade ago..Now it is all Top 40, Top 10, Top X slideshows and headline grabbing garbage. It's on it's way to being a Seeking Alpha 2.0. Forbes made the switch from paper to internet by sacrificing it's credibility..Really sad.

No financial publication (and I'd argue publication period) has gone from credibility to nonsense faster than Forbes. Forbes was a reliable and well written financial publication a decade ago..Now it is all Top 40, Top 10, Top X slideshows and headline grabbing garbage. It's on it's way to being a Seeking Alpha 2.0. Forbes made the switch from paper to internet by sacrificing it's credibility..Really sad.

I dont read that crap anymore, it's just opinion in print, and that Steve Forbes.....I heard him on CNBC while he filled in for someone in the morning ..all he spewed was his misguided opinion, I really couldn't believe that guy for one second.

That article is a mess.    Like taking the body of one mystery story and then quickly (and sloppily) crafting another one around it.

yeah but at the same time something is up. As fans we just tend to in defensive mode as soon theres an article against us. ignore it or call it bullsh!t. It may be but when there's smoke...

yeah but at the same time something is up. As fans we just tend to in defensive mode as soon theres an article against us. ignore it or call it bullsh!t. It may be but when there's smoke...

No, people have very short memories.   Same things happened last year and nothing came of anything.   They've even been consistently adding junk payroll as seasons go along.

Same reporting, white knights, awful sources like 4th period making stuff up... and here's JVB still inexplicably owning a sports team without much money of his own.

No, people have very short memories.   Same things happened last year and nothing came of anything.   They've even been consistently adding junk payroll as seasons go along.

Same reporting, white knights, awful sources like 4th period making stuff up... and here's JVB still inexplicably owning a sports team without much money of his own.

yeah but he still really missed a payment according to the NHLPA and that's not good. 

Let's just hope its really bullsh!t.

yeah but he still really missed a payment according to the NHLPA and that's not good.

Let's just hope its really bullsh!t.

Well...that's according to one guy who saw a NHLPA memo but can't produce the memo. It could be true, but it would be nice to see some evidence or sources that put their names to things this time.

Well...that's according to one guy who saw a NHLPA memo but can't produce the memo. It could be true, but it would be nice to see some evidence or sources that put their names to things this time.

yeah of course. I could be total bullsh!t to hurt the Devils image before free agency as usual.

But i still find that our fanbase (well on this board anyway) is reacting to anything said about the Devils like an overprotective mom who simply can't face or accept that her child could do something wrong.

yeah of course. I could be total bullsh!t to hurt the Devils image before free agency as usual.

But i still find that our fanbase (well on this board anyway) is reacting to anything said about the Devils like an overprotective mom who simply can't face or accept that her child could do something wrong.

You're not very good at knowing which media sources are legitimate, and we are.  Kosman has been wrong about lots and lots of stuff, big and small, to the point where his stories can't be believed.  When TG gets a story, that's when you know it's legitimate.