New jersey designs (general - not Devils only)

ghdi

So these are rumored to be the new Blues home jerseys:

http://thescore.com/buzz/articles/1026638-new-st-louis-blues-jersey-leaked

original.jpg

I like the colors, but am not a fan of text like this on a jersey, but w/e. I don't care about the Blues. My curiosity comes from the Reebok text which is now on the front. Im wondering if that is going to be the same way for all jerseys.

In keeping with the subject of the thread, here are the new Dallas jerseys too. No Reebok text on front.

stars_jerseys.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Who else is planned on new jerseys? I'm eagerly anticipating the Devils outdoor ones obviously.

Also noticing that both new designs (if the StL ones are real) are both drawstring tops.

Edited by ghdi

would be kind of stupid to change little things like that.. the nhl logo is in the front of the jersey the reebok should stay on the back.. but again anything to get people buying new sh!t .. if they changed our jersey to text like that id be pissed thats fvcking lame

You can get blank Reebok jerseys with no logo on the front, usually for custom team jerseys, and those say Reebok on the front.  Maybe the jersey in that picture was originally one of those and they just put the St. Louis on the front as a prototype or something.  As bad as Reebok is, I doubt they will be putting their logo on the front of the jerseys.  Plus we probably would have noticed the same thing in other jerseys that have been unveiled.

Anyway, the Hurricanes will also have new uniforms:

590x341xHurricanes-New-Uniforms-Eric-Sta

I don't like the Blues having the text down the front instead of their logo and I'm not a fan of having the players' numbers on the front either.

I really like the Stars jerseys and the new shade of green, but I think the logo would be better as a shoulder patch, or if they just got rid of the D and kept it a simple star.  Either way they are a vast improvement over their previous jerseys, but not as good as the jerseys they had pre-Edge with the star pattern across the entire jersey.

The Hurricanes jerseys aren't bad, but I always thought the storm warning flag pattern on the bottom was cool and unique, kind of a bummer to see that go.  Also the red ones look exactly like Canada's jerseys.

Overall though, I am very happy to see that the new jerseys that have been coming out actually look like hockey jerseys again and not the stupid new age atrocities Reebok tried to push on everyone.

Don't care for the new canes jersey, but it is a slight improvement over the ones they have been wearing.

Really like the new Dallas ones. Best one they had since the star design jerseys they had around the time they went to back to back finals.

This new St Louis one looks like crap and hate the number location

would look better with black pants maybe

That would look too much like ours ;) haha

I actually like the NHL shield at the collar. 

I forgot that the Canes got new ones. Not much of a change. I dont hate the Dallas ones, but I cant say they're anything special. They were a team that desperately needed a change espc after the stupid ones that said Dallas across the front. I dont like Vancouvers that are like that.

Edited by ghdi

The only thing I don't like about that rumored STL design is the number on the front, never been a fan of that. I know the new Dallas jersey took some heat on twitter but I think it's a decent design. I always thought the Hurricanes logo was sh!tty so those new jerseys are still bad in my opinion. I guess I'll at least say it looks "cleaner" without the storm warning on the bottom.

The stars jerseys are awful. They look like Hartford Whalers jerseys. Yuck.

That's what makes them so great. No one else is wearing green as a primary color (the Wild have been using their red jersey as a primary), so it's nice to see something different. It's pretty much the same green as when they were the North Stars. I loved the difference in jerseys and identities back then. This is a breath of fresh air. 

The only thing I don't like about that rumored STL design is the number on the front, never been a fan of that. I know the new Dallas jersey took some heat on twitter but I think it's a decent design. I always thought the Hurricanes logo was sh!tty so those new jerseys are still bad in my opinion. I guess I'll at least say it looks "cleaner" without the storm warning on the bottom.

I've always been ambivalent about the Hurricanes' jerseys. The logo is... interesting... but I'm not really sure how else they could have designed it. I never liked the font they used for the names and numbers, although it looks like that's been changed with the redesign (except for the black alternates). The storm flags did clutter it up a bit but they were a unique design element and they made sense for the Canes. Where they DON'T make sense is on OTHER jerseys; both Albany (back when the Devils were in Lowell and the Rats were Carolina's farm team) and Charlotte wore basically Hurricanes blanks with their own logos slapped on. Tropical storm flags did not belong on the jerseys of a team from upstate New York, I'll tell you what. And, as one would expect, Charlotte unveiled new uniforms to coincide with the updates from their parent club: http://www.gocheckers.com/news/checkers/?article_id=1572

In keeping with the subject of the thread, here are the new Dallas jerseys too. No Reebok text on front.

stars_jerseys.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Who else is planned on new jerseys? I'm eagerly anticipating the Devils outdoor ones obviously.

Also noticing that both new designs (if the StL ones are real) are both drawstring tops.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't create special jerseys for that game, it not being the Winter Classic and all. Otherwise, what would differentiate the Winter Classic from other outdoor games, besides being on New Year's Day?

I also wouldn't be surprised if the Devils, if they were told to create new jerseys, just used the retro night ones and threw a patch on it.

Edited by ATLL765