Devils are very close to keeping Patrik Elias

msweet

I also read this else where.. Could have pretty much figured he would be coming back.. Still very anxious to hear about clarkson now

Doubt we hear anything til Friday and it is looking likely that Clarkson is a goner.

per TG Hearing Elias' contract to remain Devil is basically done.  Might be some final details to work out. Multi-year. Don't know other details.

but...

Lamoriello on re-signing Clarkson: "David, I don’t know at this point. We’ll certainly talk and I’ll leave it at that.”

Edited by SterioDesign

clarkson is as good as gone. don't even bother thinking about him anymore.

He is a unique player, but someone I don't want to overpay  ($4.0 million per is fair too me), but I know his market value around the league, so would not be surprised if he signed elsewhere.   But I can still hope, I know Lou is still pitching.

i had faith that he would re sign here actually but after lou stating that he still has not gotten anywhere with him.. damn it just does not look good anymore.. but on a brighter note.. maybe its a good day to go buy an elias game worn from meigray :)

Honestly I love Clarkson but it seems that alot of talent will become available due to buyouts and I just can't see locking someone up or overpaying until the CBA resets the market on contract values. I will be curious to see what a player like Clackson is worth on the open market.

Yikes that'd be a terrible signing for them. Can't see why they'd want him so bad.

Because he strong on the boards, can score, play on the PP, and will drop the gloves.   He is a rare commoditiy, which is why I hope we sign him for fair value, otherwise he is going to be another buyout candidate in three years.