What if the Devils would get Cooke'd

SterioDesign

I was thinking what would be the fan base reaction if some some reason BOOM it would be announce that we signed Matt Cooke who may be testing the market. Let's say it would be for really cheap. 

Obviously i don't have to get into details about him, everyone knows him and about his reputation. And this is not a suggestion but simply an off season random question trying to get discussions going. Obviously Lou wouldnt go for that kind of guy and we don't need and everything let's just focus on the what if.

So what would be your reaction?

Even though he's good on the PK and not as bad as he was... personally i'd be really pissed lol

Edited by SterioDesign

Yes, because of his past of being a complete scumbag I'd be pissed, but also if that's what Lou came out of the gates with, I'd be pissed because Zubes can handle bringing grit and toughness in the lineup. We need players with goal creating ability

I liked Cooke a lot before the sheninagans started.  I wouldn't touch him with anything now.  I think teams need that gritty, keep the other guys on their edge player.  To me borderline dirty is ok.  I don't like dirty as fvck.  This guy is a disgrace.  He shouldn't be in the game. Melnyk has it right.

Edited by capo

I hate cooke's garbage that's happened over the past several years but I think we can admit that he really is an asset. Hes not a bad player at all. and i think the pens benefited alot from having him on the team. I don't think we need him since we have similar players though.

I hate cooke's garbage that's happened over the past several years but I think we can admit that he really is an asset. Hes not a bad player at all. and i think the pens benefited alot from having him on the team. I don't think we need him since we have similar players though.

He's a quality bottom 6 player who's a great pest. He's just a grade A dirtbag that goes out there looking to injure people.

I like Cooke, but that comes back from watching the canucks back in the time where they had him Naslund, Bertuzzi, Morrison etc.. Hes a great fan player and character player. A huge asset to any team IMO