Mikhail Grabovski

Neb00rs

Grabovski is reportedly about to be bought-out. I'd like to take a shot at this guy - he's got good skills and had a way under-achieving season - could get us a discount and help fill the scoring hole left by David Clarkson

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=676521&navid=DL|NHL|home

Grabovski was second among Leafs' forwards in Corsi relative to the quality of competition he faced, which is a strong indicator that he was one of the team's best players at possessing the puck at even strength. He also had the worst PDO among Toronto forwards, which measures shooting percentage and save percentage when he is on the ice -- a low number can be an indicator of bad luck.

He's pissed lol

Just got off the phone with Grabovski: "Of course I feel [expletive] sad, I played [expletive] five years here.

Grabovski had some pretty blistering remarks toward Leafs coach Randy Carlyle. Called him a "stupid coach" among other things.

A taste of Grabovski on Carlyle: "Don’t put me on a [expletive] third line and then [expletive] play [me] six minutes in a game."

Edited by ghdi

He's pissed lol

Just got off the phone with Grabovski: "Of course I feel [expletive] sad, I played [expletive] five years here.

Grabovski had some pretty blistering remarks toward Leafs coach Randy Carlyle. Called him a "stupid coach" among other things.

A taste of Grabovski on Carlyle: "Don’t put me on a [expletive] third line and then [expletive] play [me] six minutes in a game."

Carlyle used him about as poorly as he possibly could've and for whatever reason favored crud heap Bozak over him. Especially when he was by far their best center in terms of points before Carlyle got there. 

Point being, Carlyle/Nonis are not very bright, especially if they go and use this money to sign Clarkson for 6m

Carlyle used him about as poorly as he possibly could've and for whatever reason favored crud heap Bozak over him. Especially when he was by far their best center in terms of points before Carlyle got there.

Point being, Carlyle/Nonis are not very bright, especially if they go and use this money to sign Clarkson for 6m

maybe he did have beef with his old coach. But there's no way Louis impressed by the way he talks about his former employer. This has Lou being old school written all over why we won't get Grabovski

There's a contrast to this. They reduce Grabovski's role, and they make the playoffs for the first time in eons. I dont think we can necessarily bury Carlyle just like that. There's more to this relationship than we know.

There's a contrast to this. They reduce Grabovski's role, and they make the playoffs for the first time in eons. I dont think we can necessarily bury Carlyle just like that. There's more to this relationship than we know.

yeah I know, but its' not like they gave his old role to some worldbeater. Bozak, ostensibly their #1 center, hasn't put up either the fancy stats or points that match up to Grabovski's. And they pretty much just coasted on Reimer's really high save percentage. Their PDO was ridiculously high (pretty much theirs was as abnormally high as ours was abnormally low) and you'd have to think it'd come back down to earth next year. Cam Charron (the backhand shelf stats guy) has their O/U on wins next year at 32.5 now

He was basically the equivalent of Zajac (more or less) in terms of production and now he's getting bought out? I'd take him in a second, though he probably doesn't fit here bc of the centers 

It's insane how Carlyle used him this past year compared to last year or how Wilson used him in previous years. This chart really shows the difference in the competition he faced and zone starts, yet he was still a positive possession player. (Figured I'd put it in the post too)

787469243.jpg?1372979474

Bigger circle = higher possession

Smaller circle = lower possession

Blue = Positive

Red = Negative

Of course this past year is a smaller sample size but I still think the point is relevant.

It's insane how Carlyle used him this past year compared to last year or how Wilson used him in previous years. This chart really shows the difference in the competition he faced and zone starts, yet he was still a positive possession player. (Figured I'd put it in the post too)

787469243.jpg?1372979474

Bigger circle = higher possession

Smaller circle = lower possession

Blue = Positive

Red = Negative

Of course this past year is a smaller sample size but I still think the point is relevant.

I actually saw that too and was gonna post it. When he's used like this and then gets bought out bc of the lack of points and a low +/- of all things, he has a right to be mad IMO

maybe he did have beef with his old coach. But there's no way Louis impressed by the way he talks about his former employer. This has Lou being old school written all over why we won't get Grabovski

I was thinking pretty much the same thing. The foremost thing is to act like a professional, and this meltdown has "stay away from me, I'm a drama queen" written all over it. I would be shocked if Lou even picked up the phone. He's talented for sure, but Lou won't stand for unprofessionalism. Just ask Mike Danton or Deron Quint. 

I was thinking pretty much the same thing. The foremost thing is to act like a professional, and this meltdown has "stay away from me, I'm a drama queen" written all over it. I would be shocked if Lou even picked up the phone. He's talented for sure, but Lou won't stand for unprofessionalism. Just ask Mike Danton or Deron Quint. 

You never know. Mike Danton wasn't exactly a saint before he got here and neither was Quint apparently. Ken Daneyko had his problems too and you didn't see Lou getting rid of him. Not that i think it's likely, but I wouldn't be shocked if Lou was in on it 

It would be probably better for everyone if he skipped doing interviews 2 minutes after his life gets turned upside down. That said: I think his reaction was justified.. Listening to TSN radio last night they said he'd been having a tough time privately lately.. Apparently some visa problems for family he was bringing over. He's getting married today... They did not even have a sit-down with him to let him know what was coming. Obviously all of this coming off a rough year with the coach that doesn't like him as well..

Edited by njdevsftw