2013-14 Prospect Thread

thefiestygoat

I wonder which line /role (Johnson) he'll be playing. Guess we'll find out soon enough. Albany's in a playoff position, so third line checking role? Wonder if he was on pk?  pp time?

Swift Current PBP announcer, Shawn Mullin, interviewed C Graham Black the other day. When asked about his future with the Devils, Black was a bit guarded with his answer. I think they'll sign him and his answer was just him not trying to say too much. His answer was, "Not really, there's nothing worth mentioning. I don't have any concrete facts or anything, so I would probably not rather talk on that."

So, one might say the situation is status-quo. SIGNED. Great Lou answer by Black.

God I hope Severson makes the team out of camp next year.

I'm just not seeing where we'll have room.

Greene, Larsson, Merrill, Gelinas and Harrold will be here- 5

I believe one of Volchenkov and Salvador will be gone- 1

Zids probably walks but I wouldnt doubt Fayne comes back.  Even if he doesnt, no way we go in with a 21,22,23 and 20 year old on the blueline

I believe one of Volchenkov and Salvador will be gone- 1

Zids probably walks but I wouldnt doubt Fayne comes back. Even if he doesnt, no way we go in with a 21,22,23 and 20 year old on the blueline

Yeah, you're right I get excited at the thought of having a young, mobile D corps. A year in the AHL would be good for him

Zids probably walks but I wouldnt doubt Fayne comes back.  Even if he doesnt, no way we go in with a 21,22,23 and 20 year old on the blueline

I find it hard to imagine Fayne not coming back. He flies so under the radar, I can't imagine other GMs plucking him away from us. He knows he'll hold a huge role with this team in just a year or two and I think Lou will get him to stay for a fair amount for both sides.

Edited by DJ Eco

Saturday 4/5
QMJHL Quarterfinals
#8 Gatineau lost to #2 Halifax 6-2 (Trail Series 2-0)
Anthony Brodeur G: DNP

WHL West Semifinals
#1 Kelowna defeated #4 Seattle 6-3 (Lead Series 2-0)
Damon Severson D: Goal (PP), 2 Assists, +1
Myles Bell RW: DNP (Lower Body Injury)

-- Severson has 3 goals and 6 assists in 7 playoff games.

Ouch...guess Gatineau doesn't match up terribly well with Halifax. 

Yeah, it's a really tough match up. Halifax is led by Drouin who had 108 points in 46 games and right behind him is 2014 high 1st round prospect Nikolaj Ehlers who had 104 points in 63 games.

Halifax also has Fucale in goal, who may or may not be a bit overrated, but was worth +12.16 goals above average using the GSAA metric. By comparison for Gatineau, Steeves was -23.68 and Brodeur was -6.01. Maybe Brodeur gets some mop up duty in this series.

Yeah, it's a really tough match up. Halifax is led by Drouin who had 108 points in 46 games and right behind him is 2014 high 1st round prospect Nikolaj Ehlers who had 104 points in 63 games.

Halifax also has Fucale in goal, who may or may not be a bit overrated, but was worth +12.16 goals above average using the GSAA metric. By comparison for Gatineau, Steeves was -23.68 and Brodeur was -6.01. Maybe Brodeur gets some mop up duty in this series.

Steeves is probably done after this season.  He's not only old for a Q player, but not any good either. 

I find it hard to imagine Fayne not coming back. He flies so under the radar, I can't imagine other GMs plucking him away from us. He knows he'll hold a huge role with this team in just a year or two and I think Lou will get him to stay for a fair amount for both sides.

Yeah, hard to imagine, but he's been a minute-muncher for us the past 2-3 years that he's been a Devil, I could see some stupid GM (Ex. Toronto, Philly, Pitt) giving him some ridiculous offer.  I'd rather that Lou would not let him walk and give him a 2-3 year deal.

Tampa is going to be scary with Drouin. Now just imagine if the Rags have a disaster year next year, and Tampa ends up with a high draft pick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, hard to imagine, but he's been a minute-muncher for us the past 2-3 years that he's been a Devil, I could see some stupid GM (Ex. Toronto, Philly, Pitt) giving him some ridiculous offer.  I'd rather that Lou would not let him walk and give him a 2-3 year deal.

Those GMs are too stupid to realize he's good (aside from Shero maybe, he's not stupid or as stupid as the others). Maybe a team like Boston for not a huge amount? Detroit would probably be the best fit outside of here since they need people like Fayne

I'm really starting to doubt Larssons future with the Devils. As soon as PDB gets the chance he benches him again.

Severson looks a fantastic prospect though.

Like I said, Severson was getting 2nd PP minutes all year. He is most likely playing the full 2 minutes of PP now and getting the gimmie points. He makes really good plays with the puck on the PP, he is similar to Franson in that he will use a little weak shot just to get it on goal and create a scramble.

A little surprised that Graham Black isn't on an ATO yet - I don't expect them to sign Faust, Coleman already said he's going back, Pietila had surgery, and Bell, Severson, and Thomson are still playing, so that only leaves Black. 

Then again Windsor was done on March 27 and Johnson was signed to an ATO 6 days later - Swift Current was eliminated March 30, so perhaps we'll see that ATO tomorrow or Tuesday.

C Graham Black and D Joe Faust now with Albany on ATO's. I hope this leads towards an ELC for Black but I don't see how Faust would fit in next year unless he took an AHL deal and was stashed in the ECHL. Seems more like a reward for Faust after 4 years of college.

http://theahl.com/stats/transactions.php?f_season_id=43&f_team_id=369