Michael Ryder signs with the Devils - 2 years 7M/$3.5 per.

ghdi

Just spitballing here: Henrique-Loktionov-Kovalchuk Elias-Zajac-Ryder Clowe-Josefson-Zubrus Carter-Gionta-Bernier/Olesz

Or maybe something like:

Kovy-Lokti-Clowe

Elias-Zajac-Ryder

Henrique-Josefson-Zubrus

CBGB/Olesz

However you put it together, pretty solid 4 lines, if you ask me.

Or maybe something like:

Kovy-Lokti-Clowe

Elias-Zajac-Ryder

Henrique-Josefson-Zubrus

CBGB/Olesz

However you put it together, pretty solid 4 lines, if you ask me.

. Definitely. I like our lineup. We're better than when we got up this morning.

. Definitely. I like our lineup. We're better than when we got up this morning.

It feels like an "if" team with a good upside.  If it all works out, I can see it taking a while to jell, figuring out who can play with who, etc. 

Absolutely nothing wrong with this trade. Only two years and pretty cheap given what he can do. I hope he plays on a line with Elias and could see him putting up close to 30 goals if he does. Seems like it'd be a perfect match. The only question I have is does Uncle Lou let him wear #73?

Am I missing something or is this a fantastic deal? He is 33, but he put up 35 goals two years ago and scored 21 points in 27 games for the Habs last season. I was sure that he would get more money and more years than this.

A great deal. And it's 35 points in 46 games last year in a weird year with two different teams - that's a pretty consistent half season. He also had about a .158 shooting percentage and 8 of his 16 goals came on the PP. He has scored 50+ points 5 times in 9 seasons (60+ twice).

Edited by Neb00rs

Don't forget Tedenby is on a one way contract next season as well.

I didn't forget him, I just don't see where he would fit given the players we now have. A one-way contract doesn't guarantee that he will be in the NHL. Of course, there is still plenty of off-season, and maybe there will be trades or something that will change things still.

as a huge Habs hater Boston has always been my 2nd fav team kinda and this is definitely one of my many fav Bruins-Habs moment and it was all Ryder.

lol. Now we got two skaters who think they can play goal. Maybe him and Volch will hit it off.