Your thought on today / about the team so far ?

SterioDesign

I knew the Devils had a rough schedule seeing how we have to play 22 back to backs, but this situation leaves a bad taste in my mouth (disclaimer: I know I'm being a baby)

Nov. 2 vs. Philly

Nov. 3 @ Minnesota

Games against the Flyers tend to be high energy/spirited games. The league knows that, the players know that, we know that. Having to travel halfway across the country to play a game that will surely be emotional for most of the players will be rough. Although, I suppose that could work in our favor.

Scenarios like this is the price you pay for getting additional weekend home games

We have a good record in back to back games, or at least that's how it seems to me.

I'm more worried about the longer layovers that are going to happen sometimes between games. More back-to-back games means things will be much more spread out and we might go 4-5 nights without a game, not thrilled about that, we're never good with time off.

I knew the Devils had a rough schedule seeing how we have to play 22 back to backs, but this situation leaves a bad taste in my mouth (disclaimer: I know I'm being a baby)

Nov. 2 vs. Philly

Nov. 3 @ Minnesota

Games against the Flyers tend to be high energy/spirited games. The league knows that, the players know that, we know that. Having to travel halfway across the country to play a game that will surely be emotional for most of the players will be rough. Although, I suppose that could work in our favor.

Scenarios like this is the price you pay for getting additional weekend home games

I think that's where Schneider will really show his worth. He has that ability to steal a game here and there. Marty hasn't been able to do it quite as often as he once did, and neither could Moose. Schneider should definitely steal a few points in situations like that Minnesota one.

I think that's where Schneider will really show his worth. He has that ability to steal a game here and there. Marty hasn't been able to do it quite as often as he once did, and neither could Moose. Schneider should definitely steal a few points in situations like that Minnesota one.

This is a good point. I just hope there isn't a consistent letdown if Schneider plays the majority of back to backs. Remember, there's an extension needed in 2015

That is so true about Brodeur and Hedberg they didn't steal a game last season. I don't expect Marty to do any better this season in that area. Schneider has to play for the Devils to benefit and not just back to back games. Marty has to accept a lesser role, Lou and Pete have to accept this as well and hole the line.

This is a good point. I just hope there isn't a consistent letdown if Schneider plays the majority of back to backs. Remember, there's an extension needed in 2015

I hope not as well. If he continues to build on what he did in Vancouver, he can really be a team changer. Man, I am really hoping they toss a contract at him July 1, 2014.... I just want it done before the 2014-15 season starts.

That is so true about Brodeur and Hedberg they didn't steal a game last season. I don't expect Marty to do any better this season in that area. Schneider has to play for the Devils to benefit and not just back to back games. Marty has to accept a lesser role, Lou and Pete have to accept this as well and hole the line.

I agree. I'm pretty sure they will go into the season with Marty as the starter, but if no one gets hurt and both goalies play like they have the last few seasons, I can't see how Schneider isn't starting more games by January. If they let Schneider earn it, it will be best for everyone. The future is very, very soon, and there's no excuses anymore.

fayne getting 34 hasn't been published. currently, 7, 9, 12, 15, 16, and 23 are available under the lou rules  but 34 is viable and fayne has worn it before.

16 is likely going back to josefson (unless he keeps 9 but i'm not betting on that).

i could see them giving fayne 7 unless they're grooming it for merill. that's doubtful though - i'd bet fayne gets 7 and merill, should he make the team, gets 34.

elias(26)-zajac(19)-ryder(17)

clowe(29)-loktionov(21)-jagr(68)

henrique(14)-josefson(16)-zubrus(8)

olesz(25)-carter(20)-bernier(18)

gionta(11)/barch(22)

greene(6)-larsson(5)

salvador(24)-zidlicky(2)

volchenkov(28)-fayne(7)

harrold(10)

merill (34)

tedenby (15)

boucher (9)

fayne getting 34 hasn't been published. currently, 7, 9, 12, 15, 16, and 23 are available under the lou rules  but 34 is viable and fayne has worn it before.

16 is likely going back to josefson (unless he keeps 9 but i'm not betting on that).

i could see them giving fayne 7 unless they're grooming it for merill. that's doubtful though - i'd bet fayne gets 7 and merill, should he make the team, gets 34.

elias(26)-zajac(19)-ryder(17)

clowe(29)-loktionov(21)-jagr(68)

henrique(14)-josefson(16)-zubrus(8)

olesz(25)-carter(20)-bernier(18)

gionta(11)/barch(22)

greene(6)-larsson(5)

salvador(24)-zidlicky(2)

volchenkov(28)-fayne(7)

harrold(10)

merill (34)

tedenby (15)

boucher (9)

In that French video with Zubes and Matteau, it looked like Matteau was wearing #9. For whatever camp that was, it might not mean anything, but then again, it could mean something. And I have no idea why you think Fayne would take 7, I see him reverting back to 34. I'm pretty sure I spotted him wearing gloves this season with that number still embroidered on them

In that French video with Zubes and Matteau, it looked like Matteau was wearing #9. For whatever camp that was, it might not mean anything, but then again, it could mean something. And I have no idea why you think Fayne would take 7, I see him reverting back to 34. I'm pretty sure I spotted him wearing gloves this season with that number still embroidered on them

simply because lou keeps lou numbers on d men if he has them available.

and i forgot that matteau has a chance at 15 before tedenby but those guys are all in the "get what you get" club

Josefson sporting #9 last season was a little strange. :D

I am happy that Ryder will be #17 I currently have two blank jerseys so one will be Sykora and the other Ryder. Then I shall get my Schneider jersey. Let the splurging begin!

Edited by Zubie#8