Henrique?

SterioDesign

how much do you think Henrique is looking at ?

ideally i'd like to see 4 years / 2.5m (which i believe would bring him to 1 year before been UFA eligible. Then you have a little power since he'd still be restricted to lock  him up long term. If he's still doing good.

RFA usually takes a while, even if they're set to go to arbitration I wouldn't worry about it. Wasn't Zajac gonna go to arbitration a few years back and then about a week before it happened they hammered out a deal? Look at him now, locked up long term.

As far as price goes I think Henrique will get about 2.75 for this year and probably somewhere around 3.5 next year although I'd like to see him sign for 2 flat this season just so we have some cap space in case we decide to bring in a player via trade as the season progresses.

Good, he's the only thing left i really care about that the Devs need to get done. Josefson is just so-so, I'm more worries about signing Henrique

Agree, although I still think we should give Josefson another 2-3 years at a low number. I watch the kid play and still think he has a lot of potential to reach, still a lot of unrefined talent (thanks to his injuries coming at key points in his development throughout each season). Considering our depth at center, if he were to have a few good (possibly overachieving) months, he could be prime trade bait for a draft pick at the deadline to a desperate team that needs a young C, maybe fetch a 2nd or 3rd which I wouldn't mind.

Edited by DJ Eco

Others from the same draft class:

Colin Wilson, Preds: Salary of $2 mil and $2.5 mil for next two years, will still be restricted.

Del Zotto, Rangers:  Salary of $2.9 mil next year, will still be restricted.

Roman Josi, Preds:  Signed a 7 year, $28 million contract

Hamonic, Isles:  Signed a 7 year, $27 million contract

Stamkos and Eberle are way up there, obviously.

Agree, although I still think we should give Josefson another 2-3 years at a low number. I watch the kid play and still think he has a lot of potential to reach, still a lot of unrefined talent (thanks to his injuries coming at key points in his development throughout each season). Considering our depth at center, if he were to have a few good (possibly overachieving) months, he could be prime trade bait for a draft pick at the deadline to a desperate team that needs a young C, maybe fetch a 2nd or 3rd which I wouldn't mind.

well i wouldnt throw JJ just to get a a 2nd or 3rd round pick that may never pan out. At least we know JJ can play at NHL level, still has a lot to prove but i wouldnt trade him unless its in a package getting us a really good player.

Why would you trade an NHL caliber center (which your scenario assumes) for a draft pick that has something like a 50 percent chance of never sniffing the NHL?  Unless you're in salary dump mode, a young and capable NHLer -- even a third or fourth line checking center -- gets traded for, or is included in a package for another NHL player that fills a need.  And even in salary dump mode, trading a player like Josefson for a draft pick is not what you ought to be doing. 

What's the deadline for signing Henrique to a new deal before he turns UFA?  My understanding is that the qualifying offers expire at some point - I thought it was approaching.  But I could be wrong.  Feel free to correct me.  Or does he simply sign the offer if no long term deal?

I think if he doesn't take the qualifying offer, which he didn't, he has to hold out.  That's what Subban and O'Reilly did.  Another team could give him an offer sheet, but Lou has said he'd match it.

What's the deadline for signing Henrique to a new deal before he turns UFA?  My understanding is that the qualifying offers expire at some point - I thought it was approaching.  But I could be wrong.  Feel free to correct me.  Or does he simply sign the offer if no long term deal?

It would take years for him to become a UFA. If he doesn't sign by December 1st, I believe he would be ineligible to play in the 2013-14 season. Unless that's changed in the new CBA.

Players very rarely take a qualifying offer. It's usually a formality that keeps the player as an RFA so the team can negotiate further.

Edited by Devil Dan 56