News of my friend and former teammates of Ryan Clowe

caron14

One of my friend sacha guimond who played the albany devils in his first AHL (i dont know if you remember i've made a post about him at that time) played in the East coast league this year with Ryan Clowe. (With San Francisco Bulls) He told me he is a hell of a guy and believe he is an upgrade of clarkson. (David have no vision..., Wraparound is good but when you have other options....) He like to play with him and said he is a hardworker and humble guy. He was nice with everyone and stepped up for the guys.  He believe he is a complete total package power forward and think Lou was wise to sign him even if he is little bit overpaid. Clowe can play different role on an NHL team. He can play on the top line like he can play on the third one the other night (versatile). 

Oh and one more thing my friend guimond won the best defenceman of the year in the east cost and is waiting offer from NHL AHL team.

Yea big congrats to your boy. 

I think most people are of the opinion that Clowe is a better all around player than Clarky, its just entirely dependent on his health. If Clowe plays well, he will be a fan favorite here immediately. People are going to like him. Definitely has always seemed like he'd fit with this franchise.

His agent negociate for him and apparently it will be better for him to went to the vancouver because of visibility and more spot avalaible in AHL (dont know exactly why) But since he have not sign any contract with any team he doesn't rule out to attend other team camp. 

Edited by caron14

Watching the ECHL during the lockout with NHL players was fascinating.  The talent disparity between its players and the NHL players was pretty eye opening.  Watching Devin Setoguchi play was like seeing Crosby in the NHL, they had no answer for him, he could go anywhere he wanted with the puck.  Unfortunately Clowe didn't play in any of the Bulls games I saw, but I did see Theo Peckham play, and he was amazingly WORSE than the ECHL talent there.  The Bulls ended up waiving him, which is truly astonishing for an "NHL" player. 

In any case I always liked Clowe in SJ, though his stupid penalties were maddening.  I hope he succeeds in NJ.  I'm sure he'll find an effective role for the first 3 years of that contract.

Also a fun read / watch:

http://www.mercurynews.com/sharks/ci_23054546/san-jose-sharks-try-patch-things-up-angry