FRONT PAGE POLL: Will Rafalski be traded?

Weekes Head

Will Brian Rafalski be traded before the season starts?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Will Brian Rafalski be traded before the season starts?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see the Devils dealing these guys for players who may be years away from the NHL. We are a veteran team designed to win now (Matvichuk signing reaffirms this). If/when we trade core guys like Friesen or Raffy it will be for guys who will step right in in NJ not Albany.

I can't see the Devils dealing these guys for players who may be years away from the NHL. We are a veteran team designed to win now (Matvichuk signing reaffirms this). If/when we trade core guys like Friesen or Raffy it will be for guys who will step right in in NJ not Albany.

i would totally agree.

I could see a deal with Florida perhaps. Mike's gonna be looking to deal and he likes vets with cup experience.

Freisen and Rafi might net Weiss

i would totally agree.

I could see a deal with Florida perhaps. Mike's gonna be looking to deal and he likes vets with cup experience.

Freisen and Rafi might net Weiss

And Bouwmeester. :P

I highly doubt it. The Devils are in NO position to dealing defensemen.

From what I understand Stevens is NOT coming back (if he does he is probably one hit away from retirement or not playing at the level that we remember him).

Martin and Hale are still too green

Albelin is too old

Brown needs more practice.

Bottomline: It is much harder to replace a quality D-man and forwards are a dime a dozen. Rafi stays.

I highly doubt it. The Devils are in NO position to dealing defensemen.

From what I understand Stevens is NOT coming back (if he does he is probably one hit away from retirement or not playing at the level that we remember him).

Albelin is too old

Bottomline: It is much harder to replace a quality D-man and forwards are a dime a dozen. Rafi stays.

How did you come to the conclusion Stevens isn't coming back?

I highly doubt it.  The Devils are in NO position to dealing defensemen.

Albelin is too old

Bottomline: It is much harder to replace a quality D-man and forwards are a dime a dozen.  Rafi stays.

How did you come to the conclusion Stevens isn't coming back?

I would like to know this also.

It is not a difficult leap. Lou always likes to have three puck movers and three bone crushers back there. By giving Matvichuk a long term deal and good money it signals to me that he expects him to be a leader on this team. Also, while noone here is privy to the internal budget discussions of the Devils I don't think they would throw this kind of money at Matvichuk if they were not expecting $8M to come off the books.

I am getting tired of repeating it over and over again.

Information I got from Nieds family and people close to Messier.

IF you want to believe he is coming back, go for it.

I doubt he is. There rumors about him skating at South Mountain turned out to be false (South Mountain is closed for repairs).

All I am saying is we should be prepared for the worst.

I am getting tired of repeating it over and over again.

Information I got from Nieds family and people close to Messier.

IF you want to believe he is coming back, go for it.

I doubt he is. There rumors about him skating at South Mountain turned out to be false (South Mountain is closed for repairs).

All I am saying is we should be prepared for the worst.

:rofl:

Another one of these "I got info from this schmuck" business. NOW I BELIEVE YOU!!!

:rofl:

Manta, I like ya, and really I hope you don't take any offense to this but until we hear real evidence from a real source then we can't help but think what you have to say is nothing more than speculation or opinion. Until we hear it straight from Stevens' or Lamoriello's mouth in an interview, article, or shown during a press conference then Scott Stevens is STILL on this team, STILL the Captain, STILL a New JErsey Devil.

Sorry.