Who will be the new Assistant Coach... Thoughts?

grcenter47

Shaw wasn't behind the bench in the literal sense.

(So how many of you have been driven INSANE by everyone using "literally" as much as a Valley girl uses "like"? )

My priority is to do something about the misuse of "begs the question" instead of "raises the question", and describing a coincidence as "ironic" (isn't it ironic that Seth Jones' father played basketball in Denver and he might be drafted by the Avalanche). 

(So how many of you have been driven INSANE by everyone using "literally" as much as a Valley girl uses "like"? )

My priority is to do something about the misuse of "begs the question" instead of "raises the question", and describing a coincidence as "ironic" (isn't it ironic that Seth Jones' father played basketball in Denver and he might be drafted by the Avalanche). 

I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring here, and add my personal pet peeve:  "I could care less."

Dude...if you could care less, that means you care a little.

It's couldn't care less.

Ugh...just makes me wanna...ooh...

[bites fist]

It's actually "begs to question".

I'd love Paul Maurice, personally. He's a good friend of Pete's, I always thought they may work well together.

I agree, but somehow I am sensing it will be Sarge.

I'd be cool with Sarge. Very good hockey IQ, he might make a pretty good coach.

We need this Ass. Coach especially for the PP right?  What about Scott Niedermayer (even i don't know what his Coaching Duties in Anaheim are - Def / PP / PK etc.). Just to see Niedermayer and Stevens together on the Devils Bench would be awesome. I'm also fine with Brylin but maybe someone more experienced would be nice.

At least we need someone who can figure out our PP. Since Oates and Shaw (who had good PP's with their former Teams TB - ranked 8th  and SJ - ranked 4th, 2nd, 2nd) could not solve our problems in that area i hope the "New PP" will not use Kovy at the left Point. Really EVERYBODY (even in the Australian desert) knows where the puck will be passed next........

Edited by D88

I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring here, and add my personal pet peeve:  "I could care less."

Dude...if you could care less, that means you care a little.

It's couldn't care less.

Ugh...just makes me wanna...ooh...

[bites fist]

Agreed on all of these. And too many others to count. My mom bought me a shirt that says "I am the grammarian about whom your mother warned you."

My biggest pet peeve, though, is misuse of plurals/singulars from Latin (the Latin teacher in me just cringes). One out of a group of alumni is an alumnus (unless it's a girl, then she's an alumna), the plural of cactus is cacti.

I'm willing to draw the line at weird words (the plural of octopus should be octopeds, but whatevs) and Greek words (rhinoceros should be pluralized rhinoceroses), but if it's a regularly used English word that follows a pattern, we should be able to handle it, damnit.

Also, incorrect use of apostrophes really sets me off.

Edited by mouse

Agreed on all of these. And too many others to count. My mom bought me a shirt that says "I am the grammarian about whom your mother warned you."

My biggest pet peeve, though, is misuse of plurals/singulars from Latin (the Latin teacher in me just cringes). One out of a group of alumni is an alumnus (unless it's a girl, then she's an alumna), the plural of cactus is cacti.

I'm willing to draw the line at weird words (the plural of octopus should be octopeds, but whatevs) and Greek words (rhinoceros should be pluralized rhinoceroses), but if it's a regularly used English word that follows a pattern, we should be able to handle it, damnit.

Also, incorrect use of apostrophes really sets me off.

Can't you just be easy and say Rhinos?  Jesus fvck this thread makes me want to blow my brains out