Devils sign Cam Janssen, two-way, 1 year.

ghdi

It sure feels like Lou likes to stockpile useless forwards at times.  That Albany team is going to be unwatchable this year.

Unless you plan on watching Albany games, there's nothing to complain about here.

The bottom of the Devils' reserve list now contains these jokers:

Cam Janssen

Tim Sestito

Harry Young

Riley Boychuk

Darcy Zajac

Mike Hoeffel

Rod Pelley (?)

I recognize that yes, the bottom 5 guys on any team's reserve list are usually not ever going to make the NHL, but the Devils signed or acquired all of these players this year.  Albany is going to have a real good defense and maybe even decent goaltending and they're not going to be any good because the offense will be awful.

Cam Janssen is shot.  I used to enjoy him skating around and blowing guys up, but I think he's lost a step.  They'll call him up when they need the mascot and he'll do his thing then go back to Albany.  

Cam Janssen is shot.  I used to enjoy him skating around and blowing guys up, but I think he's lost a step.  They'll call him up when they need the mascot and he'll do his thing then go back to Albany.  

You think? The guy looks like a gorilla on skates. One of the worst skaters ive ever seen play in the NHL.

Unless you plan on watching Albany games, there's nothing to complain about here.

Hear what you're saying, but there's just about no upside to any of the guys Tri listed.  Heaven forbid some of the Devils' scoring forwards start getting hurt...the Albany pipeline seems pretty non-existent at this point.  That Albany team is going to struggle to average much more than 2 GPG. 

Devils could be good next season, but only if everyone manages to stay relatively healthy.  If replacements from Albany are necessary...yikes.

Jeez you guys are over-reacting a bit, as if he's going to be a regular in our lineup. He played a total of FOUR games last year. He was signed for league minimum. Let him play a game or two vs the Flyers for when the blood boils over, because I'm sure you don't want our $5M man Clowe breaking his fist over Simmonds face.

RELAX. DAMN.

Jeez you guys are over-reacting a bit, as if he's going to be a regular in our lineup. He played a total of FOUR games last year. He was signed for league minimum. Let him play a game or two vs the Flyers for when the blood boils over, because I'm sure you don't want our $5M man Clowe breaking his fist over Simmonds face.

RELAX. DAMN.

100% agree and I also like the idea of bringing him up for Flyers games.. I hate playing that team just knowing that they'll run around throwing ridiculously late checks for no reason and doing stupid crap after the play.. We already know we can spot them 2 goals and still win with our forecheck, why bother risking injury.. Let Cam go to town on Giroux or Lecav if (more like when) they resort back to their Broad Street Goonie shenanigans

I think it's awesome to have Cam around our AHL guys

Edited by Colin226

RELAX. DAMN.

Cam Janssen will never fight Wayne Simmonds.  Never.