RUMOR Jagr interested in Devils

Zubie#8

I don't really understand the logic on the salaries proposed here.. Jagr would have been our top scorer last season. Now that Kovy is gone, we have noone that brings the same thing to our PP as Jagr could. He is also clearly still in good shape, and contributed a lot to the Bruins playoff run.

I don't understand why you're perfectly content with paying Elias/Zajac $5.5M, and then conclude with $1.8M as the absolute max for Jagr..

I think Jagr at $2,5-3M would be well worth it.

I don't really understand the logic on the salaries proposed here.. Jagr would have been our top scorer last season. Now that Kovy is gone, we have noone that brings the same thing to our PP as Jagr could. He is also clearly still in good shape, and contributed a lot to the Bruins playoff run. I don't understand why you're perfectly content with paying Elias/Zajac $5.5M, and then conclude with $1.8M as the absolute max for Jagr.. I think Jagr at $2,5-3M would be well worth it.

At this point I would give Jagr a little over $3M if that is what it took.  He can still be productive, brings experience and leadership and could definitely help the now Big-Russian-less PP.

At this point I would give Jagr a little over $3M if that is what it took.  He can still be productive, brings experience and leadership and could definitely help the now Big-Russian-less PP.

I would think if you limit his icetime a bit and give him some games off here and there that he would still be fresh for the playoffs. I'm just not sure how Jagr would take being a healthy scratch for the sake of keeping him fresh for later in the season.

I think jagr could definently help this team out in the departments its going to need it such as the pp and scoring.. The guy is an antique but still has a little gas left in his tank, would just be concerned towards the end of the season...

I would think if you limit his icetime a bit and give him some games off here and there that he would still be fresh for the playoffs. I'm just not sure how Jagr would take being a healthy scratch for the sake of keeping him fresh for later in the season.

Just taking into account all the reports of Jagr's manic conditioning and practicing habits, you have to think there's no way he'd be happy with being scratched, just for the sake of giving him a night off.  I actually like that in a player...shows competitive spirit.  

Jágrův change? Hottest variant are truly Devils

It seems that the denouement near future Jaromir Jagr may have, as we reported yesterday iSport.cz server, the name of the New Jersey Devils. It is to this club aimed clues and resources daily Sport. According to one of them yesterday Czech veteran was actually personally inspect Prudential Center, the home club hall in which it operates and other Czech icon - Patrik Elias. The agreement could occur in the next few hours or days.

Jaromir Jagr, New Jersey Devils. Perhaps over time this connection will actually be a reality. The fact that he was yesterday inspect star striker hall in which the club plays on Twitter speculated yesterday. Someone striker spotted as in the bowels passes accompanied by Lou Lamoriello, general manager.

And according to the information daily Sport yesterday Jagr really was in New Jersey. Then he flew back to the other place in America, where they spend a short holiday before returning to the Czech Republic.

The fact that Jagr was directly okouknout to new premises in which it myself while playing as a guest several times, does not necessarily mean a definitive agreement. Yet precisely Devils are now the favorite. A really hot one option.

In the game there are other teams around New York City. Rangers and Philadelphia also nearby. Nevertheless, the Devils now lead the imaginary scale.

"I'm very curious to see what happens," said the striker Patrik Elias, New Jersey symbol. He has been active in the club since 1995. The Devils still plays defender Marek Zidlicky.

Devils come into consideration especially because they have more available funds, will necessarily hustling compensation for fugitive scorer Ilja Kovalchuk, who has decided to leave to St. Petersburg.

It seems that the denouement near future Jaromir Jagr may have, as we reported yesterday iSport.cz server, the name of the New Jersey Devils. It is to this club aimed clues and resources daily Sport. According to one of them yesterday Czech veteran was actually personally inspect Prudential Center, the home club hall in which it operates and other Czech icon - Patrik Elias. The agreement could occur in the next few hours or days.

Jaromir Jagr, New Jersey Devils. Perhaps over time this connection will actually be a reality. The fact that he was yesterday inspect star striker hall in which the club plays on Twitter speculated yesterday. Someone striker spotted as in the bowels passes accompanied by Lou Lamoriello, general manager.

And according to the information daily Sport yesterday Jagr really was in New Jersey. Then he flew back to the other place in America, where they spend a short holiday before returning to the Czech Republic.

The fact that Jagr was directly okouknout to new premises in which it myself while playing as a guest several times, does not necessarily mean a definitive agreement. Yet precisely Devils are now the favorite. A really hot one option.

In the game there are other teams around New York City. Rangers and Philadelphia also nearby. Nevertheless, the Devils now lead the imaginary scale.

"I'm very curious to see what happens," said the striker Patrik Elias, New Jersey symbol. He has been active in the club since 1995. The Devils still plays defender Marek Zidlicky.

Devils come into consideration especially because they have more available funds, will necessarily hustling compensation for fugitive scorer Ilja Kovalchuk, who has decided to leave to St. Petersburg.

Google translate is the best "fugitive scorer Ilja Kovalchuk"

Just got a message back regarding the source and it said that the source maybe be unreliable but this person was the first to break Jagr to Boston so he thinks he might have a legitimate connection to Jagr.

EDIT: Basically just says take it for what it's worth.

Edited by njd3b1ink

You lost me at bowels

"Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do."

• Like 1

"Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do."

it sounds like one of those Nigerian prince email scams

Starting to wonder if this might be the hold-up with Brunner.  That Lou would rather have Jagr, and is waiting on him before committing to Brunner.

I'm still hoping for both. I still think Lou is trying to move someone to make more cap space. I'm hoping it's Volch but that's a pipe dream.

A very rough translation but it seems like they're going off the Twitter report, no?

that or someone trolling these message boards!

honestly, why would jagr (or any free agent) have the need to come to Newark to "inspect the facilities" much less sign their deal. if you don't live here, why does it matter? he's well aware of the arena and the local area that is Newark doesn't matter at all. if he were to sign in NJ, he'd get a place in Hoboken or NYC. He's plenty familiar with the area having played for the Rangers for years.

i would imagine that his agent would converse with lou over the phone or, PERHAPS, come for a face to face visit. But it's not like Clowe or Ryder or Olesz were in NJ when they signed.

i wouldn't discount the idea that the holdup on brunner is that jagr is their 1st choice and need that domino to fall.

i'm conflicted on which i'd rather - 1/4 for jagr or 3/10 or 4/12 for Brunner? Truthfully, I'd like both as the Devils RW depth is dreadful without kovalchuk. the issue is that 2 forward signing push not only gionta out of the lineup and shifting carter or henrique to center (something i think they're not happy to do) but also possibly olesz (or the aforementioned carter).

if both are signed, you're looking at:

elias-zajac-jagr

clowe-loktionov-ryder

zubrus-henrique-brunner

carter-josefson-bernier

olesz/gionta

now don't get me wrong, i like that depth and if josefson struggles or injuries happen, the 13th/14th forwards are easy fill-ins. But this also means that barch is waived/traded and the Lou insists on at least one punching bag on the roster. furthermore, it means tedenby has to be waived and possibly (not likely) claimed for nothing.

lou has overloaded before (like last year) on defense but never really on offense like this (at least that i can remember). Unless he has a total change of heart about a goon's place (he'd be counting on carter/bernier) to do the scrapping and does a bit of an about face on olesz, i can't see this happening.

I'd like jagr.

Thanks to Larionov I have less than zero expectation if he does join the team.  It's a win-win.  and I'm really starting to like Czec players.  They have that "I'm annoying because I'm right" thing going on that I sort of like in a player... mostly because they are right even if they're annoyingly over-stating over-simplifying -- pretty much, they're right in a practical successful hockey outcome way, not in a truly specific, correct, morally and intellectually superior way a Holik kind of guy tries to push to.   Whether they're right or not - surrendering to their assuption of right will lead to a successful hockey outcome and the surrender is a necessary learning process.

not that I've given it much thought... :doh1:

I'd like jagr.

Thanks to Larionov I have less than zero expectation if he does join the team.  It's a win-win.  and I'm really starting to like Czec players.  They have that "I'm annoying because I'm right" thing going on that I sort of like in a player... mostly because they are right even if they're annoyingly over-stating over-simplifying -- pretty much, they're right in a practical successful hockey outcome way, not in a truly specific, correct, morally and intellectually superior way a Holik kind of guy tries to push to.   Whether they're right or not - surrendering to their assuption of right will lead to a successful hockey outcome and the surrender is a necessary learning process.

not that I've given it much thought... :doh1:

Maybe we can land Polak and Sobotka in a mega trade and we'd be loaded with Czechs!