RUMOR Jagr interested in Devils

Zubie#8

Win/win Manta, really.

Either he contributes, Devils make the playoffs, season's a success.

or..

They miss the playoffs, and potentially acquire some draft picks for him at the deadline, success.

I agree, but, to be fair, with a 40 yr old you have to also add..OR he gets hurt and has no value and we spent XX.XX Mil.

Win/win Manta, really.

Either he contributes, Devils make the playoffs, season's a success.

or..

They miss the playoffs, and potentially acquire some draft picks for him at the deadline, success.

Hm?  Or what could even be the most likely scenario, he stays the whole season and NJ misses the playoffs by not much.  

The Devils won't be able to be stopped once they gain the offensive zone.  Gaining the zone will be the issue.

Who cares about what they spend on a one-year deal? Especially after we just got $11 million off the payroll...

I certainly don't care (not my $), but I can tell you that someone would "care" about losing that money even with the 11 mil coming off..All i was trying to show is that it is not a no-risk (win-win) investment. Personally, I like the move.

I think this is a playoff team. We missed the playoffs last year "not by much", and from last year's squad we're adding Schneider, Clowe, Ryder, Olesz, Jagr and losing Clarkson. I'd even go as far as to say if last years squad (even with the Kovalchuk injury) had Schneider we're much closer to playoff contention. I would bet money that, with good health, this team is a middle-of-the-pack playoff team: between 4-6 seed.

I don't see how anyone could be upset about this move. Who on our current roster would you rather see than Jagr? Tedenby?

I think the only way you can be upset is if you wanted Brunner (assuming they don't sign him) but if the worst case is they miss the playoffs by a little, we can deal. Plus having a Jagr devils jersey is blowing my mind

I think this is a playoff team. We missed the playoffs last year "not by much", and from last year's squad we're adding Schneider, Clowe, Ryder, Olesz, Jagr and losing Clarkson. I'd even go as far as to say if last years squad (even with the Kovalchuk injury) had Schneider we're much closer to playoff contention. I would bet money that, with good health, this team is a middle-of-the-pack playoff team: between 4-6 seed.

I don't see how anyone could be upset about this move. Who on our current roster would you rather see than Jagr? Tedenby?

No, I agree with most of this (in principle).  But I think it's more likely that NJ misses the playoffs and doesn't trade Jagr than that they miss the playoffs and trade him.  (I guess I don't think the most likely outcome is NJ missing the playoffs while keeping Jagr, that's absurd)

No, I agree with most of this (in principle).  But I think it's more likely that NJ misses the playoffs and doesn't trade Jagr than that they miss the playoffs and trade him.  (I guess I don't think the most likely outcome is NJ missing the playoffs while keeping Jagr, that's absurd)

Well, conspiracy theory here: What if we play Jagr a ton in the first half, then try to trade him at the deadline? Get all you can out of him, then dump him on someone else for the portion of the season he'd slow down in and if you can get a decent pick for it, awesome. Maybe it's LL plan to get back a first for next year. I'd say there's a 1 in 10,000,000 chance this happens though.

Only way I see us missing the playoffs and still having Jagr is if we are in a close battle for the 8th seed come the deadline....

I would want to keep him for a push to get in the playoffs in that scenario.

I really see us making it with plenty of breathing room, a 4-6 seed as someone else said....and we go into postseason battle with #68