This Team is Going to the Playoffs

Devils Pride 26

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-2Ub_zy_1s

Don't ask me how, or with who, but this team will be in the playoffs. Return of the Trap (jedi).

Play vanilla hockey, grind teams down, ride Marty/Schnieder as they bring out the best of each other, sign Jagr for PP help. 

Believe 

Hard times come, hard times go.... Bring on your wrecking ball 

Edited by Devils Pride 26
  • Like 2

If we sign Jagr, we don't make the playoffs.

I know since the Devils have had no interest (even with Lou knowing about Kovy) that Jagr is begging Carolina now.

I know you're feeling your oats now that Kovalchuk has left and your weird pronouncements have the air of being somehow right, but this is total nonsense.

I was just saying it in another thread but I think the Flyers will suck again too, the Isles aren't proven still and we'll see how they do in a full season, and the Rags choke all the time. There's definitely a small chance we can squeak into the playoffs this year IMO.

Edited by Jerzey Devil

I was just saying it in another thread but I think the Flyers will suck again too, the Isles aren't proven still and we'll see how they do in a full season, and the Rags choke all the time. There's definitely a small chance we can squeak into the playoffs this year IMO.

Actually, in talking with a few Flyer fans yesterday, they were absolutely beaming about next year with their moves in the offseason.   The Islanders will build off last year.   It will not be that easier for us.

Actually, in talking with a few Flyer fans yesterday, they were absolutely beaming about next year with their moves in the offseason.   The Islanders will build off last year.   It will not be that easier for us.

Most Flyer fans aren't that fvcking bright though, so... There's that.

CBJ, Carolina and NYI don't really impress me. I'd be interested to see how Ovechkin and co. adjust to a division that actually plays defense

CBJ will be very competitive next season.   Hopefully, the Canes will sign Jagr and we won' t have to worry about them.

Actually, in talking with a few Flyer fans yesterday, they were absolutely beaming about next year with their moves in the offseason. The Islanders will build off last year. It will not be that easier for us.

The Flyers fans I know always think they're a top team in the league. They get brainwashed by Philly sports media just like Eagles fans every year. That franchise is all about flash and hype, but they have the money to get out of their crappy situations and make moves to pretend they're getting better

The Flyers fans I know always think they're a top team in the league. They get brainwashed by Philly sports media just like Eagles fans every year. That franchise is all about flash and hype, but they have the money to get out of their crappy situations and make moves to pretend they're getting better

True to an extend.  These were hockey people first, so I believe this enthusiam was valid.

Did they ever even announce how the playoff system is gonna work next year?

Divisional matchups through the first two rounds, 1-4 and 2-3. Final Four style in the conference finals/SCF.

Top three from each division make it (total of six per conference), then the two teams with the best record of the remaining teams make it (so it could be 4-and-4 or 5-and-3 as far as divisions go). I get the feeling that our division has an okay chance to send 5 teams to the playoffs right now.

All kovy "believe" like signatures should be replaced with pictures of Schneider. If Lundqvist can single handedly get the Rags into the second round, Schneider just might be able to as well.

I like the Schneider trade, and hate Rags' fans overrating Lundquist, but Lundquist is probably the best goalie in hockey. Let's not go crazy.

Edited by mouse

What's the point of making the playoffs if we absorb a drubbing in the first round?

I would rather laugh at the team all year long and comment on this board about how badly we suck rather than watching us get swept... :giggle:

I like the Schneider trade, and hate Rags' fans overrating Lundquist, but Lundquist is probably the best goalie in hockey. Let's not go crazy.

So when the Rangers scores were sh!tting the bed and their D was getting skated past, and their powerplay "sucked" as Torts put it, who was winning games for them? Oh yeah, the Queen.