Kovalchuk jersey

schneidpants

So I bought my Authentic Kovalchuk jersey and sent it away and got my stanley cup patch stitched on.....so do I still wear it or try and sell it? What do you guys think?

If the Devils had money, I'd wait for a jersey exchange, but that's not happening. I'd replace the nameplate.

I have a "replica."  It's legit, not those knockoffs, it's legit RBK, the numbers are stitched on, not heat pressed and I have the SC patch and the "A."  I got it during the lockout, because I needed to, thinking he would be here for his career.  fvck him.  I'm not going to burn it like some of you clowns did, I'm not wasting $ to have the name or #'s replaced, I'm going to keep and still wear it.  

Just removed the numbers and name from my kovalchuk retro jersey. Going to get Zajac on it. After all this I just want to get someone that I know wants to be a devil and is proud to be one.

Elias is a team player... I'm going with him. Dunno what to do with the replica Kovy one I got last year at Sports Authority, it's a little big anyway. Also got a kovy jersey t-shirt, good thing its beat up and getting holes in it...

I'm keeping mine (I also have a St. Pat's Parise *sigh*). While I'm not happy with the way this went down, we can all pretty much agree that Kovy was going to leave this way one day or another.

If I don't get the name and number changed, I'll keep it as a reminder of how excited I was the day we traded for him and the great moments I had watching him as a Devil, however brief it was.

i would never wear my kovy jersey again the man showed everyone how much of a total fvcking scum bag he is and disrespected all of the fans and the entire organization with that pile of sh!t he left us in.. i would be ashamed to wear that fvcking thing to the rock id rather not wear a jersey at all.

• Like 1

Elias is a team player... I'm going with him. Dunno what to do with the replica Kovy one I got last year at Sports Authority, it's a little big anyway. Also got a kovy jersey t-shirt, good thing its beat up and getting holes in it...

Already have a patty, otherwise he would have been my first choice. He's definitely my favorite Devil of all time. Picked Zajac cause it seems he legitimately loves being a devil, and we have him for a whole.

The away jersey was a piece of cake because it was a crappy heat sealed plastic number nameplate, the home jersey was a pain in the ass though because it was stitched, had to pluck hundreds of stitches haha, ironically I bought both from nhl.com for the same price, two completely different qualities.

This thread reminded me that I had bought my 7 year old a Kovy jersey last year.  They only had Marty and Kovy and I figured eh, get the Kovy and buy it really big, she can wear it 3 or 4 years...not the best plan in hindsight.  Marty will be a classic like Stevens and now I'm stuck with a $80 item that I will not let her wear. 

i only have a Kovy red t-shirt... it will be used for now on to clean my bathroom floor

Glad i have a green Elias and a red Brodeur.. (also a 1980 CCCP Fetisov which i love and a 1980 Blank Blue Rockies Jersey)

sucks that people have to remove nameplates or stop using a jersey all together. so much money

The NHL.com store is a complete joke when it comes to jerseys. The jerseys themselves are far more expensive than what you would find at most places online that are legit as well as slightly more than even brick and mortar stores. Their customization is by far the worst of any of the four major leagues official site and not only are the lettering made out of plastic with stitches drawn on and are heat pressed on, but the font is not correct an far too small. The best route would be to find a blank for someplace cheap such as eBay and then get it customized by exclusive pro sports for $60. Last year I found a legit red koho replica like they wore from 2000-04 from eBay for $40 and then sent it to exclusive pro with a 2003 finals patch and they did the lettering for $60 plus $6 for the patch and got a beautiful jersey that is stitched with the right font for $106 plus shipping. EPS has done the devils on-ice lettering since 2005 and before then it was Custom Crafted for at least a decade. You can send the jerseys to EPS even if it is a player and style who is pre-2005 as they do a fantastic job at retro styles and jerseys too. If anyone needs help with how to get theirs done with them feel free to shoot me a PM.

As for getting the name plate changed, I had EPS do a jersey for me where just the name plate was changed and not the number earlier this year. They charged me $10 for the removal and $20 for the new name plate. If it was both the numbers and name plate I can imagine $20-30 for removal and $60 or the new ones. They do a fantastic job and would recommend them.

For best results I would say get a player who is either #17 this season or #12 as that would cover the re stitching the best. If now try to go with someone whose # starts with 1 as the less you have to remove the less noticeable the removal will be when it is redone. If you had the NHL.com customization I would just advise on getting it completely redone. The difference is night and day.