[Official] Damien Brunner signed to multi-year deal

caron14

Harris's group that owns the 76ers includes Will and Jada Pinkett Smith, my guess is that Brunner wants to meet them before he commits to the Devils organization

Do you think a guy like Brunner would want to meet with ownership?  I understand on a deal like the one Kovy signed; but is this commonplace for a guy like Brunner?!?

I think that was a joke lol...

Tri comes off as so serious most of the time that I think people can't tell when he's actually joking.  He's made a few here and there though, and gotten some chuckles. 

this has nothing to do with him.

i dont care personally that he was there or not but its not true that it has nothing to do with him lol cmon he's the captain of the team they just bought, its not nothing. Again thats you just wanting to say the opposite of someone

Edited by SterioDesign

i dont care personally that he was there or not but its not true that it has nothing to do with him lol cmon he's the captain of the team they just bought, its not nothing. Again thats you just wanting to say the opposite of someone

OK -- why don't you start with Why wasn't DeBoer there...  seriously -- it has NOTHING to do with Salvadore.  You have NO leg to stand on n'est pas?  :P

OK -- why don't you start with Why wasn't DeBoer there...  seriously -- it has NOTHING to do with Salvadore.  You have NO leg to stand on n'est pas?  :P

I dont know why he wasnt there, why was Marty, Zach and Elias at Kovy's presser? Why was Zach at the table at the draft? 

Its a pretty big deal for the organization, i can see that they'd want to skip it but its not true that it has NOTHING to do with them come on, they are the face of the franchise (well Salvador not really) but still

and it's "n'est-ce pas" :P 

It has nothing to do with him.  It's a business transaction.  There's no reason for him to be there - his end is on the ice.  Whoever owns the team is immaterial to the players - the players are on guaranteed contracts, if the owner can't pay, the NHL has to step in and pay.  The way a good NHL organization works is that ownership provides the money and hires good people to run the business end and the hockey end of the franchise - the 'hockey end' of the franchise is the general manager, and he deals with the players.  This press conference was merely to introduce the owners, the CEO of marketing, a discussion of the franchise's long-term plans, and to re-affirm that Lou isn't going anywhere.  None of this involves Bryce Salvador at all.

It has nothing to do with him.  It's a business transaction.  There's no reason for him to be there - his end is on the ice.  Whoever owns the team is immaterial to the players - the players are on guaranteed contracts, if the owner can't pay, the NHL has to step in and pay.  The way a good NHL organization works is that ownership provides the money and hires good people to run the business end and the hockey end of the franchise - the 'hockey end' of the franchise is the general manager, and he deals with the players.  This press conference was merely to introduce the owners, the CEO of marketing, a discussion of the franchise's long-term plans, and to re-affirm that Lou isn't going anywhere.  None of this involves Bryce Salvador at all.

The link between the owner and players is really not as existent as youre putting it. Who's handing the jerseys, awards and gift and sh!t to Nierdermayer, Brodeur, Zubrus, Elias and all those guys in ceremonies? yeah, it was Vanderbeek. 

anyways im not arguing with you today

The link between the owner and players is really not as existent as youre putting it. Who's handing the jerseys, awards and gift and sh!t to Nierdermayer, Brodeur, Zubrus, Elias and all those guys in ceremonies? yeah, it was Vanderbeek. 

a) Vanderbeek was very hands on, probably because above all else, he was a Devils fan

b) Only people that have something to say at a press conference should be at the press conference. What does the press ask Salvador at the press conference for something like this? Or is he standing there like a state senator's awkward 15 year old at a campaign rally?

Edited by DJ Eco

a) Vanderbeek was very hands on, probably because above all else, he was a Devils fan

b) Only people that have something to say at a press conference should be at the press conference. What does the press ask Salvador at the press conference for something like this? Or is he standing there like a state senator's awkward 15 year old at a campaign rally?

Again Zach, Elias and Brodeur we're at Kovy's press conference and had nothing to say. It was just showing support or wtv how you want to call it. and like i said i dont care that he was there or not and im not saying he should have been there, im just saying that its not true that it had NOTHING to do there, thats pushing imo.

lol you started the argument.  I didn't respond to something you said.  Then you called me contrarian.  Who's the contrarian here?

Those events involving Vanderbeek as owner were for on-ice achievements, and some owners are more hands-on than others.  Vanderbeek was a fan before he bought the team, these guys were not (or at least nothing they said gave me the impression they were).  It remains to be seen what public presence they will have.  They own another sports franchise and still have day jobs, so I don't think they will be as public as Vanderbeek was.  They might've even retained Vanderbeek in the organization to keep doing these things, who knows.  

The press conference had nothing to do with the on-ice affairs of the team.  DJ Eco described it pretty perfectly - if you wanted to get Salvador there to have him say 10 versions of the same thing, go ahead and waste his morning.  It doesn't involve him.  It doesn't involve DeBoer either, as PK said.  

The Kovalchuk press conference was about a PLAYER.  That involves the team - while they didn't have to be there (and it was a little odd that there was a press conference like that), they showed up.

Edited by Triumph

lol I don't even think the players show up when a COACH is announced (at least I don't remember Parise or anyone else being there when PDB was introduced), much less an owner.

And when Salvador was at the Yankee Stadium thing people complained about why wasn't it Brodeur/Elias/Jagr lmao.

Edited by NJDevs4978

True McMullen never really was around for a lot of the ceremonies on the ice when he was owner.

Then again under Scrooge McMullen he never gave out much stuff to the players for achievements to begin with.

• 3 weeks later...