[Official] Damien Brunner signed to multi-year deal

caron14

Realistically, can he hope for more than 1.5-2 million at this point? I guess he can have a beastly pre-season (lol) and then teams get interested in his services and that jacks up the price, but really, at this point?

Which begs the question, how exactly would a post-tryout contract work? Say he does have a beastly pre-season, would the Devils have exclusive signing rights for a window of time, almost like an RFA? Or is he fair game?

Which begs the question, how exactly would a post-tryout contract work? Say he does have a beastly pre-season, would the Devils have exclusive signing rights for a window of time, almost like an RFA? Or is he fair game?

Good question but based on what I remember happening a couple years ago with stralman I would think he is open game after training camp is over.

I'm sorry if I missed it, but what are the details of a PTO in the NHL? The only thing I can really find is this blurb on PTO's in the AHL...

Professional Try Out (PTO) is found only in the AHL. This type of contract is limited to 25 games and a player can only be signed to a PTO twice per season. After the second time, the player is either signed to a Standard Player Contract, is a free agent, or if the player is signed to an ECHL team, he is then returned to that team.[3]