[Official] Damien Brunner signed to multi-year deal

caron14

Would love to know what Detroit's offers were, and if Brunner somehow won here, as far as getting the best offer possible goes.  At any rate, I'm sure Brunner is surprised that it took a tryout for him to finally get a deal.   

Could this have been the longest FA target thread in NJDevs history? Great that it ended in success. At around page 16-22 I would not have guessed it's success.  

Oh man, check these bad boys out..

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=68641

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=124547

Edited by Devilsfan118

Well, I asked this in another thread, but now that this is official, I'll bring it up again. What does everyone think this means for the roster?

We have up front:

Elias
Zajac
Ryder
Jagr
Clowe
Henrique
Brunner
Zubrus
Loktionov
Olesz
Carter
Bernier

With these guys as extras:
Gionta
Josefson
Barch
Janssen

It would appear to me that there's going to be someone that deserves to play in the NHL that isn't going to make the roster, assuming Olesz is a competent enough player. So with that basically meaning two of JJ, Gio, Carter, Bernier, Olesz will sit regularly, which of them will sit? Do you think a trade occurs that way a year isn't wasted by one of them playing in the AHL, especially if it's JJ? Who could we trade that would have value for other teams? What would NJ be looking for in return?

Hahaah. Point taken..What if we limit the thread competition to threads that ended in successful signings of players that signed a contract with the Devil that was never broken? Or longest potential signing of a player with under 20 career NHL goals?

This should be easy, no Barch and definitely no Janssen. I hope that is what happens. Teddy not on your list, but his being injured hurt him.

Well, I asked this in another thread, but now that this is official, I'll bring it up again. What does everyone think this means for the roster?

We have up front:

Elias

Zajac

Ryder

Jagr

Clowe

Henrique

Brunner

Zubrus

Loktionov

Olesz

Carter

Bernier

With these guys as extras:

Gionta

Josefson

Barch

Janssen

It would appear to me that there's going to be someone that deserves to play in the NHL that isn't going to make the roster, assuming Olesz is a competent enough player. So with that basically meaning two of JJ, Gio, Carter, Bernier, Olesz will sit regularly, which of them will sit? Do you think a trade occurs that way a year isn't wasted by one of them playing in the AHL, especially if it's JJ? Who could we trade that would have value for other teams? What would NJ be looking for in return?

Also per TG:

@TGfireandice: Lamoriello admitted he's got some work to do now to get down to 13 or 14 forwards with Brunner on board now. Called it a "good problem."

Interesting, I can't even guess what we'll end up doing. Stockpiling draft picks is the only thing I can think of

Hahaah. Point taken..What if we limit the thread competition to threads that ended in successful signings of players that signed a contract with the Devil that was never broken? Or longest potential signing of a player with under 20 career NHL goals?

Works for me  :lol:

Like the Mountie's always say: <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COhOiBBX190

How do I get this clip to show up not as a link!!!? ARGH!

I have had the toughest freakin time trying to figure that out, and I have no idea.  It used to just be <media> tags, but apparently that's no longer the case.

Suffice it to say, for those who wanted a housecleaning after last season, you got one.  Ryder, Clowe, Jagr, Brunner, Olesz. 

At the very least, this team has some mystique and intrigue.  And Lou definitely did what he could, under the circumstances, to recover from Kovy's...whatever you want to call it.

This should be easy, no Barch and definitely no Janssen. I hope that is what happens. Teddy not on your list, but his being injured hurt him.

They weren't part of the two that will sit regularly option. I realize they're extras, but we all know they're only playing in the division games and might not even play in those now that the roster is so full.

Two of these following players will sit regularly: Gio, JJ, Olesz, Carter, Bernier. I'd hope it's Gio and someone else, but all of the someone elses are guys I'd want playing, so I'd think a trade is coming. Unless the team is ok with JJ playing most of the season in the minors because even with injuries, it's not going to be that easy to get a spot.

And yeah, Teddy, he is "fighting" for a spot, but he's not making it. No way he beats out JJ unless he starts scoring like crazy.

Edited by ATLL765

Seems like Brunner made out pretty well, all things considered.  Can't imagine Detroit's offer being much more than that.