Prospect Camp starts today

SterioDesign

Let's keep all camp discussions here

Roster so far

Forwards: Rodwell, Boychuk, Gavrus, Bell, Wohlberg, Kerfoot, Black, Pietila, Matteau, Kujawinski, Wood, Thomson, DiChiara, Boucher, Wydo, Johnson, Coleman, Misiak, Ambrosia, Sheary, Gibbons, Antipin, Saracino

Defences: Helgeson, Merrill, Burlon, Santini, Gedog, Scarlett, Killian, Severson, Tolkinen, Yevenko, Gelinas

Goalies: Wedgewood, Hope, Brodeur, Hildebrand

Coaches: DeBoer, Scott Stevens, Dave Barr, Sergei Brylin and Chris Terreri

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chere:

"Alex Urbom is not attending camp, GM Lou Lamoriello said, because the Devils did not ask several European players to attend"

...I am a little confused on why they did not ask them to attend, anyone with more insight?

Well in Urbom's case he's already been to a bunch just like the other Swedes. They'll all be in NHL camp so Lou is probably cool with them continuing to train at home rather than disrupt their schedule.

I think it's great that Artur Gavrus is there though.

Chere:

"Alex Urbom is not attending camp, GM Lou Lamoriello said, because the Devils did not ask several European players to attend"

...I am a little confused on why they did not ask them to attend, anyone with more insight?

No point bringing them to the US for 1 week when the Devils have already seen them for 3 or 4 years.

Chere:

Urbom and the others are already pretty experienced with a few camps under their belt, relatively speaking compared to the new kids. The more players you make come from Europe, etc., the less time or attention you can give to some of the (much) younger kids that are just showing up the first time. Just a guess...

Am I the only one who thinks Urbom is getting phased out of the organization? No, him not getting invited doesn't factor in my opinion.

Phased out, I don't know. But it seems clear to me that the brass thinks more highly of Merrill and Gelinas in the short term. That's especially the case since Lou probably sees a need to get as much offense from wherever he can find it. Urbom doesn't fit that bill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD