Lou Speaking to Media Today

JakeDev

@Ledger_NJDevils 1m

Lou Lamoriello will speak to the media this morning

@TGfireandice 22s

Lou Lamoriello will speak to media after first practice session today. Haven't been told why yet.

@TGfireandice 39s

Lamoriello said Monday he expected to have news on restricted free agents later in the week.

What if he retires :o

WHAT IF WE SIGNED SOMEONE

Edited by JakeDev

(Lou gets to te podium, holding a manila envelope and opens it.  He then puts on his reading glasses and starts to read the paper he pulled from the envelope)

Lou: "In the case of Anthony Brodeur, you are NOT going to the NHL this year!"

(Anthony then runs off the stage to the left crying hysterically)

Last time it was a big extension for Zajac right?

Jagr posted on his facebook yesterday that there would be news today and to be excited... who knows. Him, Brunner, Josefson, or Henrique... We'll see.

Jagr stated he would be wearing "black" this season.

Last time it was a big extension for Zajac right?

Jagr posted on his facebook yesterday that there would be news today and to be excited... who knows. Him, Brunner, Josefson, or Henrique... We'll see.

I'm guessing Henrique and Josefson extensions (both). Last time he did something like this, at the end of a practice or scrimmage last season, it was for Zajac's long-term deal. Trades or UFA signings tend to come out in the media because of all the parties involved, somebody's bound to leak info; but this seems like some Devils/Lou business.

Edited by DJ Eco

Lamoriello just made himself available to talk about development camp. No announcements of news.

Lamoriello said hopefully he'll have team's restricted free agents signed by end of the week, but nothing is certain til it's done.

Also hopes to hire an assistant coach by the end of the week, but said there's no need to rush that either.

Edited by brodeur14301991

Already happened. Nothing groundbreaking:

Hopes to have RFA's signed by end of week.

Hopes to have an assistant coach done by end of week, but won't rush.

First group of skaters on the ice today are the ones they want to invite to training camp in September.

Matteau is still sore and will likely be held out the rest of the week.

(Lou gets to te podium, holding a manila envelope and opens it.  He then puts on his reading glasses and starts to read the paper he pulled from the envelope)

From your first line i expected to then read:

"After calculating the estimates from various orange producing states, we have concluded the following...the cold winter has apparently not effected the orange harvest"

------------

And yes, I'm still bitter that over 75% of the board has no idea what this reference is.

Edited by sundstrom

(Lou gets to te podium, holding a manila envelope and opens it. He then puts on his reading glasses and starts to read the paper he pulled from the envelope)

the effort was there but the material of your joke was way below average lol

From your first line i expected to then read:

"After calculating the estimates from various orange producing states, we have concluded the following...the cold winter has apparently not effected the orange harvest"

------------

And yes, I'm still bitter that over 75% of the board has no idea what this reference is.

Shall we bet $1 on that line?

lol I figured it was worth a shot but I will admit it was not my best.

Agreed.    Setup had my expectations high...  but it required Sundstrom to bail you out :)