Jagr Signs 1 Year Deal With Devils

Rogan The Goat

I hope you are right.   But this a band-aid and not a good long term strategy in building a winner.

It is a nice addition for a last push for Marty

I think it can help.  It's not like this was Lou's only offseason move.  He addressed the goaltending situation for the long term future, and added a couple of other good forwards in Clowe and Ryder.   Add the Olesz move and a few of the kids that will make the big club out of camp...I am excited

I don't think there's any money left for Brunner at this point since Henrique isn't announced yet.  How much do we have remaining at this point, 3m?

Seems to me that to sign a Brunner, you'd need to jettison another D like Sal/Volch, but as has been said countless times on this board, those are not attractive options to other teams, so pipe dream.

I don't think there's any money left for Brunner at this point since Henrique isn't announced yet.  How much do we have remaining at this point, 3m?

Seems to me that to sign a Brunner, you'd need to jettison another D like Sal/Volch, but as has been said countless times on this board, those are not attractive options to other teams, so pipe dream.

NJ has 10 million in cap space right now, without including Jagr.  So there is room for Henrique, Jagr, and another good player, most likely.

According to Capgeek, we have $10,129,166 left. If Jagr got $3.5, that's $6,629,166 left. Say Henrique signs for $2-2.5M, we really have around $4,129,166-4,629,166. Plenty to sign one more guy. Not sure if it happens though. Where would another wing fit in the lineup?

I hope you are right.   But this a band-aid and not a good long term strategy in building a winner.

OFC this is a band aid and it doesn't impact long term strategy since it is only 1 year.  Unless Lou can rob another team, the only thing he can do is band-aids at the moment. 

With limited ice time other than PP, we'll see what Jagr can give us.  Expectations should not be high.