Jagr Signs 1 Year Deal With Devils

Rogan The Goat

So some crazy blogger chick who thinks she has a relationship with Kovalchuk is a valid source?    She said that he would sign with the Devils initially.  No sh!t, there were two suitors and Lombardi was going cheap.   The writing on the wall that it would be LA/NJ in the winter, you could go on capgeek and figure that out.

Honestly she reads like the social media version of Elias' stalker.   And her Olympic article is all over the place and wrong.   The hockey building is done and has been done, they played the WJC at it.    And the NHL wasn't dragging their feet because of "shoddy" buildings, the Olympics has been accounted for in the schedule for months.   Why does she think the outdoor games are framed around the Olympics?  Total happenstance?

Edited by maxpower

Lol he told her to print the article so other teams would try to "sway his mind" with money. Devils offered 10s of millions more than LA.

So full of herself, as if anyone reads her articles.    Let me get into the internet news business where I take a reality and exaggerate it.   

You see, Kovy left the NHL because he pulled a Pronger with this chick and his wife demanded he go back to Russia.

Not at all max, if you followed her you'd know why I trust her. You can't go by one article and say "Yes this person is credible", I know that. I've followed her for well over 3 years or so and she is correct on almost anything she says. She does not post anything, even on twitter, if she doesn't believe it. She says so in the article that it puts her own journalism on the line. 

I didn't post it to question her credibility or have yet another twitter discussion. She is a HUGE Jagr fan and reports for the local NHL teams. If she was saying something might be going bad because of what she just heard, I just wanted to throw it out there. That is...if that's what she meant by her post. 

There's no way this deal falls apart because of a leak.  I have read Lou used to nix trades and stuff back in the day because of a leak but that was before Twitter, it's near impossible even for Lou to keep things on lockdown forever.  Hell, Larry Brooks knew about the 100 million/lifetime deal a week plus before it actually came out and that didn't get pulled.

It does worry me a little Lou went out of his way to nix the speculation instead of just no commenting though.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Not at all max, if you followed her you'd know why I trust her. You can't go by one article and say "Yes this person is credible", I know that. I've followed her for well over 3 years or so and she is correct on almost anything she says. She does not post anything, even on twitter, if she doesn't believe it. She says so in the article that it puts her own journalism on the line. 

I didn't post it to question her credibility or have yet another twitter discussion. She is a HUGE Jagr fan and reports for the local NHL teams. If she was saying something might be going bad because of what she just heard, I just wanted to throw it out there. That is...if that's what she meant by her post. 

You can say simple things that are obvious and be "credible".   I can go find my posts on HF and other places here that called the Kovy situation.   I didn't have a single damn source about it.

The problem with the "online sports media" is that the majority of it is so damn bad, that if you just go with simple/logical thing, you're "credible."

Frankly from glossing over her stuff, she sounds like a psycho, and her Kovy/Olympics/Nationalist article has errors all over the place.   If not errors, really bad editorializing.   The Olympics have been a fait accompli for months.

Yet once can say that if she was a reputable reporter, we wouldn't have to "guess" what she was meaning by her post.

That's very true.  I hate these wanna-be insiders with their cryptic posts that can mean a thousand different things.  That Nick Barlotta guy does that too and he is coming across as a real schmuck.

That's very true.  I hate these wanna-be insiders with their cryptic posts that can mean a thousand different things.  That Nick Barlotta guy does that too and he is coming across as a real schmuck.

Saying maybe also leaves a lot of wiggle room too.  Of course if the worst case does happen and she's right, she has a big scoop.  If the worst case doesn't happen, well she said maybe not definitely.

You can say simple things that are obvious and be "credible".   I can go find my posts on HF and other places here that called the Kovy situation.   I didn't have a single damn source about it.

The problem with the "online sports media" is that the majority of it is so damn bad, that if you just go with simple/logical thing, you're "credible."

Frankly from glossing over her stuff, she sounds like a psycho, and her Kovy/Olympics/Nationalist article has errors all over the place.   If not errors, really bad editorializing.   The Olympics have been a fait accompli for months.

I will definitely agree with you on that 100%. She can be extremely freaky in some of the stuff she says. She has that either "medium" or "witchcraft" type of vibe to her.

Saying maybe also leaves a lot of wiggle room too.  Of course if the worst case does happen and she's right, she has a big scoop.  If the worst case doesn't happen, well she said maybe not definitely.

Exactly, but Barlotta said the Brunner deal as "immenent."  I don't care who you are but I do not know a single person who would consider "immenent" as one week and counting.

She also wasn't responding as in having a "scoop" so to speak. She was just responding to Zdenek directly, not to report something to the general public.

MIchelle Kenneth has been RT'ed by actual newspeople and she has been doing actual reporting on the local teams for years.  I'm not saying you should believe her but she isn't one of these guys that pop up as "Devilz_Insider_2themax" who is spouting off nonsense every other post that are obviously just making stuff up.

MIchelle Kenneth has been RT'ed by actual newspeople and she has been doing actual reporting on the local teams for years.  I'm not saying you should believe her but she isn't one of these guys that pop up as "Devilz_Insider_2themax" who is spouting off nonsense every other post that are obviously just making stuff up.

Thank you.

No, but those are the kinds of "reporters" that make blah reporters "credible".    And honestly, if anyone came in here and posted "HOLD ON GUYS!  This isn't announced and it isn't registered and Lou was being Lou this morning".... would you call that reporting?

Actually, that's more in depth than her creepy mystery stuff.

Edited by maxpower

Lol he told her to print the article so other teams would try to "sway his mind" with money. Devils offered 10s of millions more than LA.

With what we've come to know about the Russian merc this wouldn't surprise me either.  If it was such a fait accompli he was staying he wouldn't have squeezed us for a contract that cost us two picks and $3 million.

With what we've come to know about the Russian merc this wouldn't surprise me either.  If it was such a fait accompli he was staying he wouldn't have squeezed us for a contract that cost us two picks and $3 million.

Where else in NA was he signing?    He could have taken a show-me deal from a team that was capbound, like Hossa did, but that wasn't gonna get him his $100M.

Where else in NA was he signing?    He could have taken a show-me deal from a team that was capbound, like Hossa did, but that wasn't gonna get him his $100M.

He technically could have went where ever the hell he wanted. I mean...he wouldn't just play for 3 years and then up and leave for a $60ish million contract in the KHL would he?

More or less reputable than Michael from NHLline.ca? He was quoted by some actual reporters too.

I have no idea who that is, so I can't say.  I know she has been doing reporting on the team for years, like gets actual press passes and access to players, beyond that I can't vouch for anything she says.

I'm just saying, for me, a person who has been doing local reporting for awhile and has actual team and press access and doesn't make up new rumors constantly that are often wrong would be more credible than nobodies that just throw out certitudes and hope they stick.

Souray to Devils "all but done" saga of 2006.

Right, had he been reporting responsibly for years before that?  Not in anything I had read or seen.  In this case I've seen Kenneth doing responsible reporting on the local teams.

So it's not Michelle Kenneth's fault some people believe some guy who hadn't, as far as I know, done any reporting on local teams.

Right, had he been reporting responsibly for years before that?  Not in anything I had read or seen.  In this case I've seen Kenneth doing responsible reporting on the local teams.

So it's not Michelle Kenneth's fault some people believe some guy who hadn't, as far as I know, done any reporting on local teams.

You don't find her writing about Kovalchuk the slighest bit creepy?    You're trying to say people are lumping her in with people who invent FA rumors and trades.   But I don't think anyone is saying that.    The tone I got from some of the stuff I went through was a mediocre writer who editorializes and in some cases, just wasn't correct.    The recent Kovalchuk article is a trainwreck.