Jagr Signs 1 Year Deal With Devils

Rogan The Goat

They wanted $28 at the Moddell's in Parsippany which is like Devils Den prices

For some reason they had that price on the shirts too at the one in the Somerville circle but it rang up as $25 and with a 20% off coupon I had it came to $20.

Like I said on the other thread about this shirt last year the material is so thin and the lettering on these shirts are so small now I think this is the last time I buy a player shirt until either reebok is no longer doing the merchandise for the NHL or they improve their quality standards. These shirts are now falling apart on me very quickly after a few washings.

There was a sign on the different player tees saying $28, on sale for $25.

I actually like the lighter weight style, though I get why some might not. I find myself wearing my Zubrus SCF shirt more than any others for that reason alone (though it may just be because it's summer and I want my shirt to be as light as possible.)

There was a sign on the different player tees saying $28, on sale for $25.

I actually like the lighter weight style, though I get why some might not. I find myself wearing my Zubrus SCF shirt more than any others for that reason alone (though it may just be because it's summer and I want my shirt to be as light as possible.)

I actually mentioned this On the other thread but the jagr shirt I got was so thin the white part of the number seeped through the material and was also on the inside. These things fall apart really quick now in the wash and I have to make sure they are turned inside out before I put them in the dryer otherwise the print starts to peel and fade off

• 2 weeks later...

Why am I just not that excited about Jagr being on this team? I respect him and all, but it just feels so out of place and forced for some reason. 

Because usually players leave NJ to play for our biggest rivals, not the other way around....even though there was a couple buffer teams between it.

Jagr is a legend, he's one of the best to ever play the game. It's great that there's a pretty big chance he finishes his career with New Jersey.

Think of the forwards on the Devils who have yet to show what they've got. Henrique, Josefson, Loktionov, Olesz, and possibly Tedenby (if he gets much NHL time, which I expect he will) could all learn a lot from him. 

Plus he's a great locker room guy.

I don't find this forced at all. You may think that a team would get Jagr just for the sake of having such a great player in its history. But it's clear that Lou doesn't think very much of age, and only signed him to help the team.

Why am I just not that excited about Jagr being on this team? I respect him and all, but it just feels so out of place and forced for some reason.

jagr is definently going to help this team where it needs help even though he is Jurassic hopefully he will stay healthy the pp is going to benefit from him being on it. ... then again last years power play had no where to go but up it couldnt really get much worse.

jagr is definently going to help this team where it needs help even though he is Jurassic hopefully he will stay healthy the pp is going to benefit from him being on it. ... then again last years power play had no where to go but up it couldnt really get much worse.

If I had a nickel for every time a player was supposed to help our middling PP....

• Like 1

I mean, this isn't our first time in this rodeo - Igor Larionov played his last game in the NHL as a Devil.  Still, while Larionov was an excellent player in his day, he was used in 3rd line minutes by Detroit his last 2 years there.  Jagr played 18 minutes a game last year both in the regular season and the playoffs.  I think he's still going to be effective.  I mean, if he's not, the Devils are in trouble.

Lou about Jagr and his willing to train at night in Prudential : 

“I’m sure he’ll have the ice,” Lamoriello said. “I don’t know if he’ll have the keys.” -
See more at: http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/lamoriello_likes_devils_depth_versatility_size_heading_into_training_camp/#sthash.8MpdBvRZ.dpuf

aah lou... Gotta love you !

“I’m sure he’ll have the ice,” Lamoriello said. “I don’t know if he’ll have the keys.” -

See more at: http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/lamoriello_likes_devils_depth_versatility_size_heading_into_training_camp/#sthash.8MpdBvRZ.dpuf

that was a great read and makes me even more excited for the start of this season!

Even better is: "We were worried about that big rear end of his wherever it was standing and that long stick and how he could thread the needle." - LL

Edited by ATLL765