A Look to the Future: 2014 UFAs

RizzMB30

Chicago has an expiring contract with Crawford and could make a play for Lundqvist. If Henrik left for the Windy City they could easily create a dynasty with that core.

If Chicago lets go of Crawford, then that will be the 2nd tender they've let go after winning the Cup. I doubt at that point they'd be thinking Lundqvist is the way to go. I think they feel like goalie is a position they can afford to be a little weak in.

I considered this, but boy is that a lot of money tied up in 4 players.  I don't think Lundqvist is going anywhere, but that he's not signed yet suggests he's at least driving a harder bargain than I anticipated.

Only thing I can think of if the team is as incompetent in front of him and rely on him so much to win 1-0 games he says "screw this" and isn't willing to sign a lifetime contract.

I think with AV behind the Rags bench there will be A LOT less lying down on the ice blocking shots from the Rags. I never understood why torts just didn't ride Hank harder and just play more offense. If they drop the uber-defense first mindset he might be happier in NY than he evidently is, and that team might be better as well. Agreed on the Pens point though, they would be a nightmare with him in net.

I'm very surprised that the Rangers have yet to lock down Henrik Lundqvist.  I guess they need to know where Stepan comes in first, but still, I'm surprised.

How can they? They have 3+ million left for Step and are going to arbitration with Zuccarello. The Wheeler signing doesn't exactly help. They're probably waiting to see what happens. Next year both Girardi and Callahan are up. Richards gets bought out.

I considered this, but boy is that a lot of money tied up in 4 players.  I don't think Lundqvist is going anywhere, but that he's not signed yet suggests he's at least driving a harder bargain than I anticipated.

Pittsburgh, like most teams is banking on the cap boomeranging back up next year.  And they'll have cap space anyway since Fleury can be easily bought out this offseason with one year left on his deal.

If Chicago lets go of Crawford, then that will be the 2nd tender they've let go after winning the Cup. I doubt at that point they'd be thinking Lundqvist is the way to go. I think they feel like goalie is a position they can afford to be a little weak in.

Yeah not happening, not with all the other players the Hawks already have to let go and replace as is.  If they are paying for a goalie it'll be somewhat less for Crawford and they'll just have to get rid of someone else to fit him in at a higher salary.  They'd probably have to get rid of two or three players to bring in Lundqvist.

I think with AV behind the Rags bench there will be A LOT less lying down on the ice blocking shots from the Rags. I never understood why torts just didn't ride Hank harder and just play more offense. If they drop the uber-defense first mindset he might be happier in NY than he evidently is, and that team might be better as well. Agreed on the Pens point though, they would be a nightmare with him in net.

Tort was the best coach they had since Keenan. He accomplished more squeezing every ounce out of the roster. Hank might learn a valuable lesson.