My first chance to see the Devils live

Insider

Hey guys!

First of all: Sorry if this is not the right place for this thread, if it isn't please feel free to move it to wherever it belongs.

My name is David and I'm a huge Devils fan from Austria. I've been following the Devils since the 2008-09 season and watched a lot of games on streams (though they usually start at like 1 am here). I've been also reading on this board for quite a while now, really enjoy following all of the discussions. In September I'm finally gonna be in the U.S. for the first time as I'm visiting NYC with my girlfriend. That's of course the best opportunity to finally see the Devils play at Prudential Center. So I got a couple of questions, I hope you guys can help me out a little bit.

I'll be there when the Devils play their preseason game against the Flyers at the end of september. What is the best way for me to get tickets for this game? Also are there any specific sections you guys could recommend? I would be fine with spending a couple of extra bucks to get a nice seat since I won't have this chance again anytime soon. Also what is the best place to get a jersey? Plus I'm really excited to see the Prudential Center, there aren't arenas that big over here.

Lot of questions, hope someone can answer some for me.

Thank you right away and LGD!

Welcome! The best way would be box office, just to avoid extra fee's. But who knows if any seats or good seats will be available by then. So the other three options you have are ticketmaster, ticketexchange, and stub hub. Or even this forum!

My favorite section would be 129. Its center ice and on the balcony. There really aren't any bad seats. If you get a seat in the fire or ice lounge (sections 7,8,9 or 18,19,20) then it includes free food and better seats, but it's expensive! there is also a trick to buy as cheap a ticket as you can, lets say $20. Then you get a dinner at the Acela club for $65 or 75 (don't remember). Dinner in the Acela club gives you very good seats to see the game and a lot cheaper than the equivalent elsewhere. You could get a jersey at the main Devils Store. But they're not too good there with lettering. You might be better off going to the NHL store in NY.

Hope to see you there!

Auf Wiedersehen!

Welcome to Hell David!

You can buy tickets right from the Devils website of you want to be sure of an excellent seat. You can also ask around on this board closer to game date as many season ticket holders have tickets they will not use for a pre-season game and may give to you or sell to you at a very reduced price.

In case you don;t know, pre-season game rarely have starting rosters playing so you will be watching a bunch of scrubs and minor leaguers play to a larger extent. You will get to see a few fights considering the opponent.

When you get the the Area, go to the Devils' Den on the Championship Plaza side (visit there too) you can buy a jersey there and they will letter it for you and you can walk away with it customized.

I hope that helps

Hey guys!

First of all: Sorry if this is not the right place for this thread, if it isn't please feel free to move it to wherever it belongs.

My name is David and I'm a huge Devils fan from Austria. I've been following the Devils since the 2008-09 season and watched a lot of games on streams (though they usually start at like 1 am here). I've been also reading on this board for quite a while now, really enjoy following all of the discussions. In September I'm finally gonna be in the U.S. for the first time as I'm visiting NYC with my girlfriend. That's of course the best opportunity to finally see the Devils play at Prudential Center. So I got a couple of questions, I hope you guys can help me out a little bit.

I'll be there when the Devils play their preseason game against the Flyers at the end of september. What is the best way for me to get tickets for this game? Also are there any specific sections you guys could recommend? I would be fine with spending a couple of extra bucks to get a nice seat since I won't have this chance again anytime soon. Also what is the best place to get a jersey? Plus I'm really excited to see the Prudential Center, there aren't arenas that big over here.

Lot of questions, hope someone can answer some for me.

Thank you right away and LGD!

Center ice is obviously the best vantage point to see the whole game, so anything near there is good. Sight-lines are great in the arena, so no matter where you sit, you have a decent view. If you like to be closer to the action, but don't want to pay too much money, the lower corners aren't a bad deal. If you look on the team's website, they have a map of the seating and will tell you which side the Devils will attack twice on.

For the jersey, you could go to the team store in the arena, but their customization leaves something to be desired and if you have them send it to get stitched, it takes 6-8 weeks and requires you to buy the authentic jersey. The NHL store as someone else mentioned, may have better quality. Maybe someone who's been there can tell you if they carry customized authentics, if that's what you're looking for.

For the jersey since you live overseas, I would say the best bets are either Devils Den store in the Arena on the Championship Plaza side or at the Stadium Shop Gateway Plaza tunnel that connects Penn Station to Gateway plaza about a block from the arena.  The Stadium Shop is a small place but they have a decent amount of jerseys avaialble for sale in the $150-200 range all customized and while not 100% perfect it is sewn-on and pretty good customization I must say.  If you do not know where this place is just ask any Devils fans where the tunnel is near the arena and they should point you in the right direction. 

If you decide to get it at the Devils Den team store, I would say get one right off the rack that is pre-customized as those are usually sewn.  If you request one that is not already customized, they can do it there with any name but keep in mind it will be heat-pressed on which tends to come off with wear.  Last time I looked at the store they had players like Zajac, Salvador, Elias and Brodeur already pre-customized and stitched on.

For a fan from such a distance, I'll offer you my tickets to that game for for free.. I sit in section 226 in the front row.. That said, you're traveling such a long way that I won't be offended if you choose to pay for seats closer to the ice or center ice.. Let me know either way!

Edited by Colin226
  • Like 4

For a fan from such a distance, I'll offer you my tickets to that game for for free.. I sit in section 226 in the front row.. That said, you're traveling such a long way that I won't be offended if you choose to pay for seats closer to the ice or center ice.. Let me know either way!

wowww.. and this ^^^ ... is why they call him the godfather...

Thanks for all your responses, really appreciate your help! Btw if anyone is thinking about the country with the kangaroos, that's NOT where I'm from. Just saying, that mix-up happens quite sometimes to me  :giggle:

Welcome to Hell David!

In case you don;t know, pre-season game rarely have starting rosters playing so you will be watching a bunch of scrubs and minor leaguers play to a larger extent. You will get to see a few fights considering the opponent.

When you get the the Area, go to the Devils' Den on the Championship Plaza side (visit there too) you can buy a jersey there and they will letter it for you and you can walk away with it customized.

Thanks! Yeah I'm aware of that, but unfortunately it's the Devils' only game at home while I'm there. So I got to take what I get, but for a first live NHL game ever even a pre-season game is not too bad to begin with. Really excited for it!

Welcome! The best way would be box office, just to avoid extra fee's. But who knows if any seats or good seats will be available by then. So the other three options you have are ticketmaster, ticketexchange, and stub hub. Or even this forum!

My favorite section would be 129. Its center ice and on the balcony. There really aren't any bad seats. If you get a seat in the fire or ice lounge (sections 7,8,9 or 18,19,20) then it includes free food and better seats, but it's expensive! there is also a trick to buy as cheap a ticket as you can, lets say $20. Then you get a dinner at the Acela club for $65 or 75 (don't remember). Dinner in the Acela club gives you very good seats to see the game and a lot cheaper than the equivalent elsewhere. You could get a jersey at the main Devils Store. But they're not too good there with lettering. You might be better off going to the NHL store in NY.

Hope to see you there!

Auf Wiedersehen!

Thanks for the tips, I guess I'll feel more comfortable if I get the tickets before flying over, so I'll check out stub hub etc for sure. The fire and ice lounge seats sound really great too, but all-you-can-eat/drink usually doesn't pay off in my case, not to mention my gf.  ;) As for the jersey, I'm sure I'm gonna get a chance to visit the NHL store in NYC before the game, so I'll just look there and if I'm happy I can still visit the store at the rock.

I hope you are coming late in September.  That way there's a chance you'll see more regulars than in the beginning of the month.  With the season starting in a couple of weeks, the starters will need to get some banging in to be ready.

I am, if I remember correctly it should be the Devils' final game of the pre-season!

I'm super jealous! :(  Hope you have a great experience. :)

Thanks man, I'm sure you'll get you chance eventually as well  :)

Wow. That's one really generous offer, thanks a lot Colin, really really appreciate it! I'll just check out my options and the prizes on stub hub and so on, but if that's ok I might come back to your offer! I'll send you a private message. :koolaid: Since I've never been in an arena that big (well except for soccer arenas, that's the only huge arenas over here) I'm not really sure how close I'd like to be to the ice.

It's preseason, grab a STHers freebie vouchers and sit wherever you like. Lots of people will be giving them away.

Is that possible to get some tickets and sit in a different section where there are empty seats available? I guess the rock won't be full for a pre-season game after all right?

Again thanks to all of you, you're really helpful!