New NHL 14 trailer

roomtemp

Usually all sports games use the previous season's rosters.

It'll get fixed. They do roster updates fairly often for the most part. I didn't play last year's game that much though. Not that it matters because no matter what you do the rosters will never be 100% perfect and current until after the trade deadline.

I guess we traded Henrique

Not only that, but Brodeur is still on the team after the time it takes for this kid to play for Chicago, become a star, have a barfight, get traded to NJ for it, become captain and lead us to a Stanley Cup.

Did answering a question to the press decrease his wrist shot by 15 points? WTF

No, refusing to sign an autograph for a fan did. The fan pushed him, then he fell and hurt his wrist. I sh!t you not, that is what it said.

Edited by ATLL765

Usually all sports games use the previous season's rosters.

The rosters are usually 95% accurate when the game ships. Small stuff and signings that happen after July usually aren't in the game at first. Just surprised they have not taken Kovalchuk out yet. Not to mention when I went and played NHL 14 a few weeks ago they had Kovalchuk as the Devils featured althete in the menu.

EDIT: and on topic with the new game mode, I like the additions. I picked up NBA 2k13 this year and the be a pro in that game had basically everything they added to the NHL 14 be a pro. It was a lot more fun to play than the NHL 13 be a pro. Glad they added this stuff.

Edited by njd3b1ink

Looks neat, but for $60?  Tweaked the hitting and skating engines from last year, re-visited fights, and added some multiple choice questions to BaP.

I mean, I'll pay it, because I'm a moronic sucker and do so every year, but you gotta wonder if it's actually worth it.

Looks neat, but for $60?  Tweaked the hitting and skating engines from last year, re-visited fights, and added some multiple choice questions to BaP.

I mean, I'll pay it, because I'm a moronic sucker and do so every year, but you gotta wonder if it's actually worth it.

Every year there are people complaining that it's too similar to last year's game.  Well last year's game didn't need a complete overhaul so I'm glad they don't try to reinvent the wheel every year.  A few things needed to be revisited, like the hitting and little things that make a big difference like squaring up to forwards while defending and opening up to incoming passes, but overall last year's game I thought was pretty good.

Personally I thought the weakest part of the game last year was the friendly/teammates AI on defense.  Just horrible, and to compensate it seemed they opted to just make the goalies freakishly good. 

Hopefully their tweaks addressed the AI.

Edited by Devilsfan118