Fox 29 Philadelphia Confirm Devils sold to Josh Harris

trailblazer

Its unfortunate that teams these days actually need those damn luxury boxes. Half the time they're never used, the other half they're used by people who barely know what's going on in the game, they're just there to schmooze and talk business. Eating gourmet meals, sitting in their own private area away from the fans like they're somehow above everyone else and not even paying attention to the game on the tvs in the box. Why bother to go to the game? Might as well have a corporate party at some fancy restaurant and have the game on in the background. It's like people who come to the game and buy a ticket just to sit at the Goal Bar and watch the game on the TV rather than just get a beer at the concession stand and bring it to their seat. Why go to the game if you're not going to actually experience the game?

I've sat in the luxury box 3 or 4 times and I didn't find the game any harder to get into. The people that I was with didn't seem any less interested, nor was the meal gormet. It was the same food that you can get in the fire and ice lounges. The boxes location at Prudential center is actually pretty much where I like to sit anyway, in that middle area where the tickets cost $75-$80. I feel like your post is a little unfair and stereotypical; however, I know you are saying it because of the apparent need for the revenue.

I scored a free ticket to a luxury box at a Yankee game last year. It was awesome -- open bar, great food -- but I had a better time watching a couple weeks later from the nosebleeds. It's tougher to get into the game in the box, even if you're a fan.

That's a bunch of crap. I sat in the suites at the Rock and I don't care who you are, the ability to watch every other hockey game on TV that night is worth it alone. Not only did I watch a live game from the suite, but I got to watch a multitude of others during the intermissions. I also got discounted beer. Not sure what fan wouldn't want that. If I could have gotten free food or if the beer was free it would have been even better, but I wasn't that special.

That's a bunch of crap. I sat in the suites at the Rock and I don't care who you are, the ability to watch every other hockey game on TV that night is worth it alone. Not only did I watch a live game from the suite, but I got to watch a multitude of others during the intermissions. I also got discounted beer. Not sure what fan wouldn't want that. If I could have gotten free food or if the beer was free it would have been even better, but I wasn't that special.

We had different experiences. Also, it was a different stadium, so entirely possible the atmosphere was different. I'm glad you had a better time. I did not, and while I was glad for the experience, and would do it again, I was not making things up to prove a point, nor did I go to either game with any preconceived notions. I was simply writing my perspective on something that I did.

I think I heard individual boxes can be had for like $5,000 a game?   Anyone know if that's true?   Not sure if food and drink is included or if it's even accurate what I was told.

They have much cheaper options. It all depends upon the opponent, day of week and the amount of people you're bringing.

I think I heard individual boxes can be had for like $5,000 a game?   Anyone know if that's true?   Not sure if food and drink is included or if it's even accurate what I was told.

Possibly.  I remember a couple years ago someone -- might've even been you -- looked into it because we were discussing maybe having a "NJDevs Night In A Box". We determined that even with splitting the cost 40 ways (or however many people you can fit in there), it still would've been prohibitive for most people.

Hope he brings back carvel.....

He better not bring that powdered mill based sh!t carvel ice cream back. Rita's is a thousand times better

Hope he brings back carvel.....

He better not bring that powdered milk based sh!t carvel ice cream back. Rita's is a thousand times better

Wonder if Chambers and Co. are kicking themselves, sounds like JVB is going to make a profit after all.

Chambers didn't have the whole team or the arena to sell.  I doubt Jeff would have sold his share plus the arena to him at the time Chambers got out, or that Jeff would have felt compelled to sell it all if Chambers didn't pull out.  It took him long enough to decide to sell running on a shoestring budget anyway.

Edited by NJDevs4978