STH...Devils/Rangers @ Yankee Stadium

Blown01NJ

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You also get credited the amount of your season ticket price towards the game (if you have $27 seats, you get $27 off whatever price it is, so if tickets are $90, you pay $63).  You can also opt not to buy them and just take the game credit back.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Some of the prices/locations look really weird, or maybe there are just too many colors involved.  The 400 sections look like the $229 area for some reason.  And center ice in the 100's look like the $79 area (with the red just behind it at $119)?  Is it somehow bad to sit closer in these things?

The 200's are probably indoor/suites, cause they seem to be the most expensive.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Yeah I mean it is what it is.. The market demands these prices and its once in a lifetime.. Don't want to pay? Don't go and let someone more willing take your seat..

But no way in hell am I looking back on this in 10 years and saying it was just another outdoor game I watched from my couch

...But no way in hell am I looking back on this in 10 years and saying it was just another outdoor game I watched from my couch

Yeah, QFT. I'll be there.

And BTW, there's a notice in the email explaining that the better sightlines will be from the higher seats, as people here have indicated.

Yeah I mean it is what it is.. The market demands these prices and its once in a lifetime.. Don't want to pay? Don't go and let someone more willing take your seat.. But no way in hell am I looking back on this in 10 years and saying it was just another outdoor game I watched from my couch

I don't think this is "once in a lifetime" anymore

My guess is we'll see quite a few more of these in the next few years

It would shock me if Citi Field or Metlife Stadium didn't get one of these games within the next 5 years

I think you're reading it wrong.  The $80 seats are in the lower level, where you probably won't be able to see the puck for much of the game since it's not at a high enough angle for hockey.

oh, that's better.  I guess the idea is paying for the atmosphere and not actually watching a hockey game which make absolutely no sense to me.  But, to each their own...  I'll have the same seat I always have. 

Took the words out of my mouth.

The novelty wore off for me long ago. Don't care about outdoor games at all. They're harder to watch and the quality of play is sub-par due to the ice conditions. It wouldn't affect me at all if another one of these never occurred. I mean, I'll watch this, but I'm sure as sh!t not paying 2-3-4-5X as much as a regular game to see it live when it's likely that my sight-line won't even be as good as they are in the nosebleeds at the Pru Center.

I'm guessing if you're too low you have trouble seeing over boards and other miscellaneous stuff.

You won't be able to see squat sitting in the lower bowl. Baseball stadiums are the worst for these things. Too bad they couldn't do MetLife.

Edited by devlman