STH...Devils/Rangers @ Yankee Stadium

Blown01NJ

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These prices are high enough that (a) they won't sell out the building with all STH and/or (b) the resale market will not be nearly as high as you think.  I doubt many people will be clamoring to pay $750 for a ticket to this game. 

Also, did anyone else get floored by the service fees that ticketmaster charged for this game.  I bought 5 tickets and got charged a total of $55 for a deilvery charge ($10 to mail the tickets to my house) and service fee ($45).  God they suck!

The game will be sold out between the Devils allotment/Rangers allotment/Yankees allotment/Sponsor allotment/NHL allotment

I agree the secondary market will be somewhat reasonable for this game, but I expect the cheapest ticket to go for around $250 or so to get in.  It will be one of those lower sections which make it very difficult to see the ice....

There will be no seat assignment in our area, so you can't really sit since we will all be standing around you blocking your view. That's the jist of it but we hope to get enforcement from the ushers.

For that price, I may have to get myself involved with it again. I do have 2 seats elsewhere in the arena though but I'm sure it will be easy to find people to give the tickets to.

Just not a huge fan of that clique.

Gotcha, when they made you have to have season tickets for the section was when I stopped bothering. I wanted them to open it up to partial and individual tickets because that is the only real way to keep the section growing and keep it so it didn't turn into a clique.

The Devils didn't seem to have any interest in that idea and since I was doing all that stuff on my own free time I stopped caring.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Pathetic move by the Devils IMHO...love the idea, but enforcing attendance for EVERY game and STANDING every second the puck is in play is ludicrous.

They've been doing the standing part since they started years ago in various different sections. That's what the idea was, that they stayed standing and cheering for the whole game. And it's 43 games for $100, so I could definitely see how some people would jump on it.

Hell, I even considered it for a second to save a couple thousand dollars, until I realized I only go to about 20 or so games a year these days haha

I believe the new owners implemented a similar thing in Philly with the 76ers.  That Section was pretty weak last season (no offense to those that participated), so maybe this will turn it around.  It also can end up being a total $h!t show of drunken morons.  I hope they can bring the energy back to what it was in the 2010-11 season.

WOW!

http://devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=91596

I really hate the Tapatalk app.. I type a long response and all it posts is my quote!

I think this is awesome.. The section brings energy to a fairly quiet building.. Players want to play in energized buildings

Don't like the concept? Pay another $900 to sit there quietly and sell you Rangers games to their fans for a huge profit.. Can't see how you can bash the rules when they prevent people from taking advantage of a great deal

Edited by Colin226

$100 is dirt cheap, but I don't know how you could truly enjoy the game having to stand the whole time. Then again, I'm not a very tall person so I wouldn't pay $100 without a guarantee that I won't be standing behind a guy that's 6'7".

I went to a few of the games when Satan's Hockey first started doing them in 2010 i think. It would just be in random sections that the Devils would put us in. It actually wasn't bad. I had a lot of fun at them, and you just sat between periods and stuff. Of course, I wouldn't want to do it 40 times a year. Four years of football and 15 years of hockey has caught up with my knees haha.

I guess no one would buy tickets in the section so they had to come up with some gimmick to fill it up. For the past month I've had a ticket rep calling me trying to get me to buy these seats for something like $1800 give or take a hundred. Could yous imagine if the rangers or flyers had this? We'd rip them up, so it should be no different for us. This is pretty much begging for fans to cheer in your own arena and its pathetic. Just a tacky, silly gimmick by the team that makes them look bad.

WOW!

http://devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=91596

I really hate the Tapatalk app.. I type a long response and all it posts is my quote!

I think this is awesome.. The section brings energy to a fairly quiet building.. Players want to play in energized buildings

Don't like the concept? Pay another $900 to sit there quietly and sell you Rangers games to their fans for a huge profit.. Can't see how you can bash the rules when they prevent people from taking advantage of a great deal

Last year that group had on average 15-20 people per game and they weren't nearly as loud as they think they were. Many games I barely noticed them except that sign behind their section.

First year they were pretty decent until the devils decided to lock most of the fans out by forcing them into season tickets and making them into another snobby clique like the crazies.

Sorry but like I said before I'd rather pay to sit somewhere else.

As I think the standing thing is pretty awesome for the price at the same time there would be no way I could make every single home game I dont see hoe anyone could enless your unemployed or have absolutely no other life besides going to hockey games.. I mean what happens when you don't show up to a game they revoke your ticket lol?... could be a semi cool concept if they didnt have ridiculous rules. On top of which I wouldnt want to stand uo all game long either thats just pretty ridiculous.

It's not that you have to go to every game, it's that someone has to be at every game.  It's not like they'll be checking id to make sure it's you, just whether the seat's empty during the game and whether the ticket gets scanned.

For $100 you can go to half the games and give the rest away to family and friends (just make sure they show up and know they have to stand though).  I do wonder how strict they'll be about it if there's some major-a** snowstorm as seems to happen once a year.

Edited by NJDevs4978