NJDevs 2013 Fantasy Football draft finished!

aylbert

I guess my best value for the position will be to keep Steven Jackson.

--------------------------- Who else on this roster is worth choosing?

ceho.jpg

Edited by Masked Fan

/shrug

Dunno.   That was the point of declaring keepers with your pick... especially with it's impact in the first and second rounds.

But if we aren't declaring with selection, who knows...   Crassssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhheerrrrr!

If everyone is basing their picks on the keepers then the keepers should be named before everyone picks a slot...

just name your make your selections.....

I'm keeping the muscle hamster...  we'll see what pick I get though.

From CRASHER's own post:

Remember, this is just to pick where you wanna pick in the draft (no votes needed ;) ), so please declare your spot, and your keeper if you wish...

Keepers MUST be in by Monday before the draft actually starts....let the stupidity begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not a quid pro quo that you have to name your keeper at the time you name your draft spot, just that it has to be in by Monday.  And with the infrequency that some people are around they'd better name it well before Monday lol

I don't think changing it would be allowed though even though technically the 'regular' part of the draft won't begin until Monday.

Edited by NJDevs4978

From CRASHER's own post:

It's not a quid pro quo that you have to name your keeper at the time you name your draft spot, just that it has to be in by Monday.

I don't think changing it would be allowed though even though technically the 'regular' part of the draft won't begin until Monday.

That's why I questioned it then...   that wasn't how we handled this in previous keeper years, and also, in that case (where you face injury risk over the weekend)...  no one should pick their keeper until Monday.

That's why I questioned it then...   that wasn't how we handled this in previous keeper years, and also, in that case (where you face injury risk over the weekend)...  no one should pick their keeper until Monday.

That's why I wanted to delay my selection when everyone else was lol, but I figure with the way things are going this preseason an injury's just as likely to happen to someone getting out of bed Monday morning anyway :P

I wouldn't be opposed to putting the kibosh on keeper selection and not being bound to them until Sunday or so, since 'most' of the preseason games will happen by Saturday (there is one on Sunday and another on Monday though).

Edited by NJDevs4978

I wouldn't be opposed to marking selections with an asterisk...   locking them in from arbitrary flip-flopping, but allowing a swap out if there was a significant injury (one in which causes a material change in draft position)

I wouldn't be opposed to marking selections with an asterisk...   locking them in from arbitrary flip-flopping, but allowing a swap out if there was a significant injury (one in which causes a material change in draft position)

I don't mind either except what constitutes a significant injury...out 4 weeks?  More?  That part of it's a bit arbitrary.  

I did not see Crashers post.    If I had known I had till Monday, I would have waited.    I felt I was holding up the draft positioning by NOT declaring my keeper:

I'm waiting for the keepers ahead of me to be declared...once I see Masked, Manta, and MJ declare keepers I'll post my position and keeper

I am reserving my right to wait until Monday to officially declare my keeper.  

If everyone is basing their picks on the keepers then the keepers should be named before everyone picks a slot...

just name your make your selections.....

Honestly who everyone else keeps or where I'm picking doesn't factor in at all.  Pretty much 100% of the time keeper should be about best value or best player, period.  

Draft pick selection everyone has their own preferences anyway, some people would rather drop back in general and others don't.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I concur

I don't mind either except what constitutes a significant injury...out 4 weeks?  More?  That part of it's a bit arbitrary.  

I would be willing to leave that call up to the Commish on a case by case basis. And in the case it was the Commish, then aylbert makes the call. I trust neither one would be a dick about it. (aylbert more-so then crasher)  :noclue:  just sayin...  :glare:

A) CRASHER's on vacation so it's a little hard for him to make the call right now

B) I like ayl but no...he isn't assistant commish or anything

C) This has gone off the rails anyway, Manta already 'took back' his keeper so none of us should really be bound to it until late Sunday at least regardless, injury or no injury

Edited by NJDevs4978

I did not see Crashers post.    If I had known I had till Monday, I would have waited.    I felt I was holding up the draft positioning by NOT declaring my keeper:

I am reserving my right to wait until Monday to officially declare my keeper.  

Ditto