NJDevs 2013 Fantasy Football draft finished!

aylbert

Hopefully we can finish tomorrow or Wednesday, the thought should be reduced quite a bit...  PM your kicker list to someone to help us along :)

These are the remaining picks:   Green means no depth players needed (just kicker/def), yellow means only 1 bench, and red means 2 bench.    Kickers are kickers...  the #1 and #12 are separated by 20 pts or so over a season...  and defenses picked now are waiver wire pickups.

redruM: 2 (1 bench, 1 kicker)

Masked Fan: 2 (1 bench, 1 kicker)

NJDevs4978: 2 (2 bench)

DevilsMJ: 2 (1 bench, 1 kicker)

MantaRay: 2 (1 bench, 1 kicker)

devilsrule33:  1 (kicker only)

Aylbert: 2 (1 bench, 1 kicker)

LOTCB: 3  (2 bench, 1 kicker)

CRASHER: 3 (2 bench, 1 kicker)

VivaLaFlamme: 3 (2 bench, 1 kicker)

RSC: 2 (1 bench, 1 kicker)

Hi, I'm VALUE!: 2 (1 defense, 1 kicker)

Actually the top-rated kicker last year (Blair Walsh) had 168 points and the 12th rated kicker (Phil Dawson) had 136 points, so that's a 32 point/2 PPG average difference.  Of course 'most' kicker point totals fluctate somewhat from year to year too.  The year before Akers was sick and miles above the pack, though there was a 20-point difference between 2-12.

And who the **** would have a kicker list anyway lol...unless you were two-three picks away maybe you could rank them.  If you really don't care just say autodraft the highest-rated kicker I suppose.  I liked Gostkowski cause he's consistenly high scoring with a long leg, and because his bye's convenient with other byes on my team, plus I knew a few kickers would go off in the 14th round or sooner because of a couple of last-round keepers and personal preference.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Actually the top-rated kicker last year (Blair Walsh) had 168 points and the 12th rated kicker (Phil Dawson) had 136 points, so that's a 32 point/2 PPG average difference.  Of course 'most' kicker point totals fluctate somewhat from year to year too.

Ok, fair enough... 

In 2011, David Akers was ridiculous with 192pts...  Matt Bryant came in 12th with 135pts.  So 57pts.

Ignoring Akers though, Gostkowski had 154...  19pts.

In 2012, Walsh made a ridiculous amount of 50+ yarders, which is why you elected Gostkowski - consistency and offense.  Matt Byrant came in 3rd last year, after being 12 the year prior.   It's a crapshoot on who you are getting and how they will perform that year.  

For 2013, Yahoo projects Matt Bryant to lead all kickers with 148 pts, and Matt Prater to pull in 12th with 132pts (16 pts diff).

And this isn't roto, so those kicker points will come randomly across the weeks...

bahhhhh...  the point is, we should go quickly as we pull the lever on our kicker slot machine.

And this isn't roto, so those kicker points will come randomly across the weeks...

Unfortunately for me one of those weeks was the playoffs last year as (irony of ironies) Gostkowski outscored Ridley when I was neck-and-neck with RSC going into Sunday Night football :doh1:

Edited by NJDevs4978

You know it's coming down to the last day anyway :lol:  If we finish with more than 24 hours to spare I'll be surprised...even if this draft is still on a slightly quicker pace than others.

You know we're on a good pace, when it's after Labor Day and NO ONE'S had the OMG WEWON'TBEDONEINTIME rant B )

And panic people (especialyl peopel with Ravens or Broncos they plan on starting) shall. 

Lets say he does take 12 hours eahc pick. that means at the bare minimum we'd be done at 1:08 pm est on thursday, (counting in the two 6 hour layovers) which leaves 5-6 hours for us to do 2 rounds.

Im so glad i dont have a raven or a bronco i plan on starting, thusly i have 0 reason to panic

edit: scratch that i didnt realize he only had 2 picks left. Evne LESS of a reason to panic now :P

Edited by VivaLaFlamme

I don't have one either, but the Raven/Bronco thing should really be the last of anyone's worries.  The rule's always been PM CRASHER lineup requests in case you have someone you want starting and can't/don't have time to change your roster Thursday so he can retroactively put the Thursday players in the lineup if we do go over.  Granted it would be nice to get to a point where we don't all have that headache but one way or the other it seems like the draft will always come down to the last day.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Typical RSC, what an a$$hole :P  I'll take Cordalle Patterson, WR, MIN and just give me whatever kicker is at the top of yahoo's list when I'm up again so I can't possibly slow this thing down again

Edit: Cordarrelle. That.

Edited by RSC