Henrique re-signed. 6 years, 24 million.

brodeur14301991

Henrique will recover from his sophomore "slump" and be the team's leading scorer this season. Contract is a bargain.

It would take a pretty big year from Henrique to beat out Ryder or Elias for leading scorer. I don't think he'll break out with 60+ points this year. I'd be happy to see him put up 40+.

It would take a pretty big year from Henrique to beat out Ryder or Elias for leading scorer. I don't think he'll break out with 60+ points this year. I'd be happy to see him put up 40+.

Agreed. I think Henrique still needs to show that he can create offense without Parise and Kovalchuk on his line.

Agreed. I think Henrique still needs to show that he can create offense without Parise and Kovalchuk on his line.

I'm confident. I remember him breaking out as a call-up on a line with Clarkson and Tedenby. TEDENBY! His first month or two as a Devil were such a blur of high productivity, clutch scoring, and rotating linemates.

I ain't worried about Henrique.

• Like 2

The more I think about this contract, the more I like it. At worst, it's like the first Zubrus deal -- reasonable cap hit for a solid 2nd or 3rd liner who brings a lot to the table, and good number of years, which is nice, because there's a decent change a stupid franchise might try to overpay him. We may not always be happy with his productivity (I certainly complained about Zubs sometimes), but by the end of the deal, we'll be pleased with the value we got. At best, he proves last year was just a sophomore slump, builds on his rookie year, and the contract is a steal. Short of injuries, I don't see this contract being a negative in any way.

The more I think about this contract, the more I like it. At worst, it's like the first Zubrus deal -- reasonable cap hit for a solid 2nd or 3rd liner who brings a lot to the table, and good number of years, which is nice, because there's a decent change a stupid franchise might try to overpay him. We may not always be happy with his productivity (I certainly complained about Zubs sometimes), but by the end of the deal, we'll be pleased with the value we got. At best, he proves last year was just a sophomore slump, builds on his rookie year, and the contract is a steal. Short of injuries, I don't see this contract being a negative in any way.

My first reaction was 6 years @ $4M too much for this season but it's staged less this season and more at the end so I am OK with it.

He will get better.