Schneider new mask

SterioDesign

It's an alright mask.

Quite frankly I never cared much for most mask designs anyways.  2/3 of them look like they were designed by 17-year old guys who were in a competition to make the most "badass" mask they can.

As long as Schneider plays well I couldn't care less if he was using a pink mask with a Barbie design.

I don't follow your train of thought here. Brodeur or Schneider will likely be starting every game this season (assuming no serious injury problems), so why is it significant that some of them will be against the other team's back-up?

I think he's just saying, on the surface, us not being able to delineate (yet) between which one of Schneider or Brodeur is our "backup", vs. maybe playing another team's "backup" backup is pretty sweet. It's not like last year, where we had Brodeur, and a streaky Moose as our "backup"...

I'm not a huge fan of the mask design but not because it's bad, just because I'm in the design world and have very specific taste. I kind of like where Hiller's design sense has gone on his masks, I'm a fan of simplicity. I know that's hard to ask for when it comes to goalie masks, so that being said, Cory's isn't bad; I give it a 7/10.

Edited by DJ Eco

:haha2:

That would be awesome.

AT LEAST the utility belt SHOULD be on there!!

Edited by Masked Fan

I imagine the brainstorming session for this mask's artwork went something like this ...

Mask guy: Hey Cory! New team this year, eh? What would you like on your mask?

Schneider: I don't know. Just slap a bunch of Devils logos on it.

Mask guy: Mmm hmm, yeah. I can do that. The logo isn't symmetrical, so would you mind if I threw it on there backwards if I needed to? Ya know, for the sake of asthetics?

Schneider: (bell jingles as he walks out the door) Don't care. Logos.

• Like 1

The only reason why it's getting flack from some people as being "generic" is due to the fact that Devil fans are so used to seeing the Devils logo. But if you're new to the team, I could see someone wanting to paste a bunch of the NJ logo's all over the place. --because the Devils logo itself, is one of the best in sports.. right up there with the Yankees.

If this mask had the same design as if he were playing in say Calgary, only it had Flames logos instead, the knee-jerk from a Devils fan would be; "oh that's really cool" -because they're not used to seeing that logo as much. A mask should look good from far away imo. Mask's with too much going on never really grew on me.

..that said, I would've liked it if the entire mask were black & white (as the top portion is) without any color on it whatsoever.

Edited by Beezer34
  • Like 3

The only reason why it's getting flack from some people as being "generic" is due to the fact that Devil fans are so used to seeing the Devils logo. But if you're new to the team, I could see someone wanting to paste a bunch of the NJ logo's all over the place. --because the Devils logo itself, is one of the best in sports.. right up there with the Yankees.

If this mask had the same design as if he were playing in say Calgary, only it had Flames logos instead, the knee-jerk from a Devils fan would be; "oh that's really cool" -because they're not used to seeing that logo as much. A mask should look good from far away imo. Mask's with too much going on never really grew on me.

..that said, I would've liked it if the entire mask were black & white (as the top portion is) without any color on it whatsoever.

Schnieder's mask looks like something I'd expect to find on the shelf at a Sports Authority.

Mask art is a chance to show some personality (i.e. Moose's mooses), make a play on the team name (i.e. Dunham's devil), or reflect some local pride (something as simple as a brick background as a nod to the Brick City would crank this mask up a notch or two). A bunch of logos and some lightning? And one of the logos is backwards? As far as NHL goalie mask art goes -- which can range from boring to weird to outstanding -- this is about as meh as it gets.

But, ya know, it's just a mask. I don't really care what it looks like as long as he plays well.

Schnieder's mask looks like something I'd expect to find on the shelf at a Sports Authority.

Mask art is a chance to show some personality (i.e. Moose's mooses), make a play on the team name (i.e. Dunham's devil), or reflect some local pride (something as simple as a brick background as a nod to the Brick City would crank this mask up a notch or two). A bunch of logos and some lightning? And one of the logos is backwards? As far as NHL goalie mask art goes -- which can range from boring to weird to outstanding -- this is about as meh as it gets.

But, ya know, it's just a mask. I don't really care what it looks like as long as he plays well.

He may get a more in depth one later. Coming to a team he hasn't played on yet, this one makes sense.

What if it just had big ram horns on a red kind of scalp like you were THE devil hisself ... and then instead of a stick you could use a bifurcated hay fork! and SPEAR the puck !!!  YEAH!!!!

And before every game wear red makeup on your face? And special contacts that are all red or all black? lol

i like the wedge, hope he uses it for the international tourneys to represent. i think he'll steal the number 2 job from kinkaid.

As far as simple, logo-driven masks go, I think Kinkaid's is awesome. There's a symmetry to it (that they didn't flip the logo backwards to achieve, ahem) that gives it such a cool look, especially from a distance. Wedgewood and Clermont have pretty cool looking masks too.