Devils' preseason opener vs. Rangers Monday will be on MSG

DevilMinder

Right now on MSG they are showing live Rangers training camp and they are having a scrimmage with joe and what's his name announcing the scrimmage.

Yes, they have announcers doing play by play for their scrimmages.

Just a short respite from the endless loop of NY hockey rivalry episodes where the Rags beat the Devils in 1994, and the Isles 3 years ago, the Knicks amazing run to a first round exit this past season, and summer block party movies such as Rocky V.

ahh i would of liked to see a devils scrimmage... must be nice to be a ranger fan, they always have coverage ex. im sure that more then one o their pre season games are televised mean while only one of ours is.

That's what happens when a team and television station share an owner. Other plusses to being a Ranger fan include an oversized ego and the constant belief that 1994 happened last week. 

• Like 1

Yeah the Rangers usually have all their preseason games televised I think and we only get the one home game against them.  Supposedly we'll have another preseason game on the NHL Network next week (the 24th).

On the flip side at least the Devils are better than most teams in the league in having YouTube interviews and stuff...you just have to know where to look (search for New Jersey Devils PR on YT).

Yeah the Rangers usually have all their preseason games televised I think and we only get the one home game against them.  Supposedly we'll have another preseason game on the NHL Network next week (the 24th).

On the flip side at least the Devils are better than most teams in the league in having YouTube interviews and stuff...you just have to know where to look (search for New Jersey Devils PR on YT).

NHL Network game will be blacked out in NY area.

NJ has many people covering camp but none are telling ho is standing out, who looks faster, who looks stronger ect ect. I wish one of our reporters had a hockey eye.

Michelle Kenneth has noted that Tedenby looks noticeably better and Josefson isn't as good as she hoped. But yeah, I largely agree

ahh i would of liked to see a devils scrimmage... must be nice to be a ranger fan, they always have coverage ex. im sure that more then one o their pre season games are televised mean while only one of ours is.

If you're in South Jersey you can watch the Flyers scrimmage by just showing up the rink. My son and I went a few times week before last, and Briere was there in his Canadien gear as well. Pretty cool, and nearly empty.

Edited by jim777