Devils make cuts

StormJosh

I dislike people complaining about enforcers more than I dlslike watching them.

The Devils didn't cut anyone eligible for waivers yet.  Young, Sestito, Pelley, and Janssen are all waiver-eligible.

you must really have loved all the leafs fans complaining about McLaren/Orr in the middle of August/July :P

Edited by DH26

For me, there is no way I'd rather have a cheap Gelinas than a regular cost Zidlicky for this coming season.

I think you're really selling Zidlicky short as a PP only defenseman, he creates a lot of even strength offensive pressure that Gelinas won't bring.

I agree Zidlicky brings offense at even strength but his defensive shortcomings irk me to no end. I'd rather have a more reliable D in his own zone that doesn't bring as much of an offensive game than guys like Zidlicky and Gelinas, but I realize the Devils are going to carry one of these offensive D more often than not on the roster year after year. That's another reason I can't way for 2 way guys like Severson and Merrill to develop over the next few years.

I agree Zidlicky brings offense at even strength but his defensive shortcomings irk me to no end. I'd rather have a more reliable D in his own zone that doesn't bring as much of an offensive game than guys like Zidlicky and Gelinas, but I realize the Devils are going to carry one of these offensive D more often than not on the roster year after year. That's another reason I can't way for 2 way guys like Severson and Merrill to develop over the next few years.

Of Gelinas, Merrill, and Severson, none of them project to be as good at offense as Zidlicky is now, and not even close to how good Zidlicky was during his prime.  It'd be nice if Zidlicky was better at D, but if he was, he'd be a legitimately elite defenseman.  I still think he's undervalued and NJ got a good deal on him this year.

Edited by Triumph